Menu
mujeebhassan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Help Cancelling Virgin Media contract from overseas

Hi, I moved abroad in an emergency in September 2020, and not been using service for the past months. I did try calling 0345 454 11111 couple of times, even it is charging £2 per minute but have no luck to get to the operator.

I had also tried Chat facility and waited for up to 4 hours and not able to connect to any operator either. I'm finding it nearly impossible to cancel the contract.

I was able to cancel the contracts for other utilities/stores with no problem through 'Accounts' online. Can a moderator help here, please?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help Cancelling Virgin Media contract from overseas

You can write to VM  as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post or the equivalent.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

You may also be charged for non return of equipment.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
mujeebhassan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave for the reply.

Is there any faster way (e.g email, callback) other than a mail?

In my case it will take couple of weeks to deliver mail to a UK address. Why cancellation is made so difficult ☹️.  

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,

you can try calling freephone number 0800 052 0422

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
mujeebhassan
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave,

0800 number is not free when calling from abroad. International call rate charges apply, for last couple of calls, I waited for more than 30 minutes and spend more than £200 with no luck to speak to anyone. This is a very poor customer service from virgin media.   

0 Kudos