Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Heard nothing from complaint

Submitted a complaint last Wednesday via the website. Had no email, even an automated acknowledgement to confirm it was received. 

Is there any way to actually check that Virgin have it? Seems like it's just easier, quicker to move to a different provider than wait for a response from the complaints team that might not change anything anyway. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Heard nothing from complaint

In the current circumstances I think you'll just have to allow VM more time in terms of your expectations if you're sure it all worked correctly. 

Having said that I'd always advise people to complain to VM by post, because Virgin Media's web site is a terrible, random mess, and many of the online forms simply don't work - the hub upgrade form seems to not work for the majority of customers, and the complaints form is notorious for not working properly.  The whole of VM's web presence appears to have been designed by a marketing department who are red-hot on all matters of branding, but utterly clueless on all matters of technology, operational processes, or customer service.  Actually, all of Virgin Media appears to be run by a marketing department who are red-hot on all matters of branding, but utterly clueless on all matters of technology, operational processes, or customer service.

I you do decide you've had enough and wish to leave, then I suggest you get your new ISP connected and working for a week, and only then cancel VM (assuming it works to a degree at the moment).  And when cancelling do it by post, recorded delivery.  Address is section N of the T&Cs.  Moreover, when choosing a new ISP, checkout their ratings on Trustpilot before committing.  And if you're not buying a bundled TV & internet package, check out the small ISPs like AAISP, Aquiss, IDNet and Zen Internet.  Read their reviews and compare to the likes of Sky/Now, BT/Plusnet, Vodafone and Talktalk.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I wasn't expecting an actual response to the complaint, my expectations are extremely low ... 🙂 But an automated email at the bare minimum to say "We will reply within xx days" 

Post ....? Really .... its 2020 ..... I see your point but yeah....

Net is working at the moment, albeit after 8 visits from Virgin in a month we are having to run in Modem route with a 3rd party router (I've borrowed it from work). I'm not particularly happy about this as it shouldn't be needed and we had a month where we had to restart the Superhub 3 times a day to kick things back into life ... despite 8 visits which included 2 replacement Superhubs and replacing the cabling EVERYWHERE, it didn't fix anything. Unless Virgin though can get someone to properly look into why the Superhub is falling over, I doubt the issue will ever be resolved. 

Good shout about getting the new ISP setup before cancelling though. Not too concerned about moving the TV, depends on cost and how much Virgin would charge for that alone. Plus in our house the connection we have for BT is downstairs in the lounge, whilst ideally we would need it upstairs in the study as that's where the Virgin router currently is, and need wired connections to other things upstairs. 

I had a look at some of the Trustpilot reviews, I think some need to be taken with a pinch of salt .. ie https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/communityfibre.co.uk - personally I've never heard of them but the reviews look very fake.. But I had a look at Zen Internet as I had heard of them and they sound good (no price increases etc..) 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello oli356

Sorry you have had to raise a complaint and post this on our Forums 

We are confident our Resolutions Team will have this looked at and investigated 

Can you please keep us updated on how things go 

^GT

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still heard nothing.. No idea if it was even received still. Considering just resubmitting it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi oli356,

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear that you have not had a reply to your complaint. I think I may have found your complaint but it doesn't have much details about the complaint except a link. For security reasons the majority of links will not work. If the submitted forms aren't fully filled out then it will likely be a letter sent to confirm the details of the complaint.

I'll PM you to get your details now.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos