Menu
c4thy
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Has anyone managed to get through to customer service i the last week?

I have been left on hold for literally hours and then the call drops.  Has anyone managed to get through to customer service in the last week? 

0 Kudos
Xhaveit
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Has anyone managed to get through to customer service i the last week?

I have tried to ring Customer support 3 times today each time i was on hold for over 1 hour then the phone goes dead as if i was cut off.

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just stop your DD someone will call you very soon I bet . As long as you make good on that call and pay your bill they can't touch your credit file.
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

'Just stop your DD someone will call you very soon I bet '

do that and the bailiffs will be round and their credit rating will be stuffed. extremely poor advice.

virgin, sky and bt do not take kindly to simply not paying the bill regardless of the reason why. it would also go against a customer should it ever get to the ombudsman stage.

although annoying to be on hold then have call drops, it happens plenty with all manner of businesses. cancelling a direct debit to 'get their attention' is terrible advice.
0 Kudos
c4thy
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have been cut off and so have no service whatsoever and this is my second week as a customer. I can't get through to anyone to find out what the problem is.....any ideas? I can't even get through to cancel my contract (I thought client retention may help)....is this normal for Virginmedia or is this a special week of poor customer service?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello c4thy,

I'm very sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced when trying to speak to our customer care team. 

We wouldn't expect for you to have to try calling again and I have now sent you a private message so I can take a closer look at your account.

You will be able to access your account by clicking on the purple envelope which is located at the top right hand side of your screen. 

Thanks, 

Dean C 

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@jamesofmerton

"do that and the bailiffs will be round and their credit rating will be stuffed. extremely poor advice."

Is it so? Or is it that you have an extremely bad education/no education at all on this matter? 

There must be 3 calls/attempts to collect the money over an initial period of 10 days before it's even sent to the Debt Collection team - and then it's another 14 days before it's passed on to External Agencies - this is the law, and anyone who disagrees is wrong. It's also the advice given out by the CBA when all other ways at communicating with a company have failed. Provided monies are settled before the usual deadline there will be effect on a CF and if there is it's an error which has to be removed within 7 days. (this is why companies like Clearscore update every 7 days) 

Think before you type tripe is my advice to you.