Menu
martip
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HUB 3 cost

OK, so I am rather disappointed that I am to be charged £30 for a HUB3 to replace my Superhub2ac in order that I may make use of the Virgin Media "Connect" app on my Virgin Mobile 'phone.

Attempting to link the app to my hub2 obviously fails, but shows me the attached screen stating that I can order a Hub3 at no extra cost. (the link "Get a Hub 3" fails, prompting to call CS)

A call to CS and they insist I pay the £30 (£25 activation + £5 P&P)

So I am to be charged in order to be able to make use of the app supplied by VIrgin Mobile/Media!

Surely this is not correct?

Any thoughts?

TIA Martin

Hub3.PNG

Broadband / Phone / Unlimited Calls
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: HUB 3 cost

replacing any item that is not deemed as faulty has a cost - be careful what you wish for with a hub3 against a 2ac - the 3 gets mixed reports - dont know anything about the app so no idea if it should work with the 2ac but if it does not it could be argued that the 2ac is faulty as they are pushing users to use the app

no idea who you have spoken to - retentions is the best point of contact but be sure yo are speaking to a UK agent

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
martip
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply and advice Tony.

Yes I take your point, and have already written to VM with my views.

I did talk to CS, but not the retentions crew; was an "offshore" gentleman!!

We shall see what transpires Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
chenks
Community elder
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

technically you are getting the hub3 for free, they aren't actually. charging you for the hub3.
what are you being charged is the postage cost and the "cost" to activate it.
whether it actually costs virgin £30 (inc VAT) to physically activate a device is up for debate.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The hub isn't free as you pay for everything with subscriptions and charges: CPE, cabling, boxes, buildings, manpower, the lot. It's misleading for VM to use the word "free" and then charge the punter £30.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello martip, 

Thank you for your post, I'm very sorry about the conflicting information you have received for upgrading your Hub 3.0. 

I can confirm there would be no charge for upgrading to a Hub 3.0 through the Virgin Media connect app as you need a Hub 3.0  to be able to use the features the app provides.  

I'm afraid our customer service team don't see the same information that is provided on our Virgin Media connect app. 

If you would like me to arrange your Hub 3.0 upgrade then please let me know so I can send you a private message. 

Regards, 

Dean C

Highlighted
martip
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Dean_C wrote:

Hello martip, 

Thank you for your post, I'm very sorry about the conflicting information you have received for upgrading your Hub 3.0. 

I can confirm there would be no charge for upgrading to a Hub 3.0 through the Virgin Media connect app as you need a Hub 3.0  to be able to use the features the app provides.  

I'm afraid our customer service team don't see the same information that is provided on our Virgin Media connect app. 

If you would like me to arrange your Hub 3.0 upgrade then please let me know so I can send you a private message. 

Regards, 

Dean C

Hello Dean,

Sorry for delay in replying, not had the time etc. etc.

Thank you for your offer. I did "byte" the bullet and agreed to the £30 charge to be added to our next monthly payment, and the hub is installed and working, but it would be great if you could facilitate the waiving of the charge. I do not object to the £5 delivery charge for the hub3, but I do object to being told within the app that it is free and then advised that that was not the case, when to use the app on our 'phones we require a hub3.

A PM to clear things up would be fine.

Thanks again,

Martin

PS: I am not impressed with the Hub3 web admin interface - it is soooo slow 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi martip, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I have sent you a private message so I can sort out a credit on your account to cover the charge of the Hub 3.0. 

Thanks, 

Dean C 

Highlighted
purplenaartjie
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dean C

Can I get a Hub 3 at no cost too? I've been quoted £35. I've been a Virgin Media customer for 20 years and resent having to pay 😞 Many thanks.

Sophie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi purplenaartjie,

Thank you for reaching out with your query. I'm afraid that Dean isn't in the office today but I'm more than happy to take a look at this for you.

I'll send you a private message now so we can clear security and discuss the necessary details. Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos