Menu
Snowy1969
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

HOW CAN I CONTACT VIRGIN MEDIA

I have been trying to contact Virgin Media since 30th Jan 2021 after agreeing the DEAL of 100Mb fibre B.band, Mixit TV + Virgin TV 360 Mini box, Talk weekends and Phoneline @ £46.99 per month plus quick start delivery (I installed all the equipment myself) and FREE ACTIVATION.  I received an email from the Virgin Media Team which clearly stated the ACTIVATION FEE was FREE, worth £35.

I have been trying to make contact with someone at VM for two weeks now.  I have spent over 5 hours on the phone, but due to some mix up with the security password which I thought was the one relating to if you forget your password. I don't even remember creating a password relating to phoning in to customer service.

I have tried texting 07533 051809 (three times over three days 7th, 8th and 9th Feb) ALL OF THE TEXTS HAVE BEEN IGNORED. The mobile text customer service number (07533 051809) which I saw online while going around in circles on the help area of the VM website.

I posted on this site under the post (Free activation fee has been charged on my account) on Tuesday 9th Feb and added to the post on Thursday 11th FEB.  So far I have hundreds of views, but NO REPLYS at all.

I have read literally dozens of other complaints from NEW customers on the Virgin Media Community.  A lot of the complaints regarding errors in charging for activation and other one-off costs which some people have emails proving their cases but unable to make direct contact with Virgin Media.

I am now at the point of just following what it says on the contract:

Alternatively, please print this contract form and write CANCEL
across the front and send it to: Virgin Media, Winnall Down,
Alresford Road, Winchester, Hampshire SO21 1FP. 

When I looked online at google I could not find any reference to Virgin Media at the above address, but on the Post Office postcode finder it does show the following info:

Business Retention Team
Winnall Down Farm
Alresford Road
WINCHESTER
SO21 1FP.

However I have read a lot of post stating that they still seem to ignore peoples cancellation letters even when sent via registered post.

0 Kudos
Snowy1969
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: HOW CAN I CONTACT VIRGIN MEDIA

After over two weeks and loads of attempts to contact VM via telephone, text message, VM online message system and posting on this Virgin Media community forum I have finally given up any possibility of sorting out the errors made by Virgin Media.

I agreed to a package of 100Mb Broadband, Mixit TV, Landline with weekend calls included at a price of £46.99 per month.

Before agreeing to the package I had been chatting with a VM chat agent who stated made the following statements:

Junwill

at 17:21, Jan 30:

I understand. Since you’ve mentioned that you’re looking to get our Big Bundle + Drama, this is indeed the best based on your needs. Kindly tap the image below to check its price and overview 👇

Snowy1969_0-1613415981273.png

Or I understand that you said you don't need a sim now but for only £40.99/month you can get our Oomph package; we’ll double your Broadband speed 🚀 from an average speed of 108mbps to 213mbps and throw in a 5GB SIM with unlimited minutes and texts.

And perfect timing as both comes with free activation fee worth of £35! Which package do you prefer?

You

at 17:22, Jan 30:

Ok thanks, so I should just go ahead with organising my requirements online at VM.

Junwill  at 17:24, Jan 30:

Yes, I'd be happy to help you all throughout and answer your questions that might arise. Which option/package you prefer, Stuart?

The FIRST email I received after clicking confirm on my computer stated that the activation for FREE.  

I have not received a single reply to any of the messages I sent.  NOT even one reply to any of my posts.

Today I posted off a copy of the contract with cancelled written across the front page and a copy of the first email sent to me to the address below.

Virgin Media
Winnall Down Farm
Alresford Road
WINCHESTER
SO21 1FP

sent via royal mail registered post.

0 Kudos