Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

HELP lies and deceit terrible customer service

Good afternoon everyone,

Please could someone offer me some help or direction on what to do...

and engineer was scheduled to come to my property on Wednesday 10th November but after waiting in the whole day they never arrived. I called the number ending 1111 to get some support and find out what was going on and its from this point I'm being told different things but different people.

my first call was yesterday afternoon around 1:30 pm the listen to my query placed me on hold for an hour and a half so I hung up the second call later that afternoon spoke to a gentleman call luke who I voiced my concerns to him then hung up on me.

the third call that evening I spoke to Amanda who because of computer issues was unable to log my complaint but told me a manager will give me a call in 72 hours and she was unable to rebook an engineer appointment she told me to call 0203 706 5275 in the morning and they will be able to help me she sed tell them it has all been logged and have them read my notes on the system.

the following 8 am I call the number to be told they can't rebook the engineer because there is a lockdown in the UK and the I was told virgin doesn't do call back from managers Amanda was lying he then asked if he could help with anything else and I sed no.

call number five ... so I got my engineer rebooked after being told on the previous call they cant but still no resolution on my complain.

what I don't understand is why I am being told different information from different people when is it the same company and what I'm being told this will happen when they are not, to say I'm disappointed in virgin is an understatement I just want out I draw the line at being hung up on and lied to.

the only thing I would recommend about virgin is to stay as far away as possible unless you like rude complacent customer service with a side lies and deceit. 

I've also been waiting on the web chat for 42 hours too 😣

3 hour and I still haven't sorted it 

124773185_410517939949772_4170901029841362466_n.png

124925026_1080327922400534_4224725732727061529_n.png

124567402_373680443692449_2330012570530040940_n.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Let talk Customer service.

I could spend all day on this subject but let's start with the basics?

why when I call the number ending 1111 is their no easy option to speak to someone from customer service and on your website VIRGIN !! it clearly says the best was to get your to complain resolved quickly is to call us. 

it just another lie on to of the hundreds you tell all you customers on a daily.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Update on my complaint

I have just spoken to a lady from virgin who has read my note and told me I have and engineer coming out on Friday to install my new virgin media equipment.

what on earth is going on !! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Let talk Customer service.

Hi Jamie,

The customer service is awful. The phone line will often disconnect between 50-75 mins according to posts on social media and these forums. Even if you make it past that point you're unlikely to get through unless you hold for between 90-120 mins which is obviously totally unfeasible for most. On these forums the wait time for a response is about 5-7 days. Which doesn't leave with you many options...you're in the same basket as hundreds of others with a fault that can't be fixed or even reported.

You don't need to phone them to file a complaint. Just follow the links online and you get case number. They have 8 weeks to respond to your complaint and following that you can appeal or take it further to CISAS or another independent adjudicator. I'd recommend filing a complaint partly because it's seemingly the only way to put on record what's going on and also because these complaints (and whether they're successfully resolved) do form part of OFCOM's annual report which affects what Virgin can say about their service. 

It's a tough time at the moment and the horrendous customer service is making life a little bit harder for a huge number of people. 

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I’ve been forgotten again

I called again to try and log my complaint and the have forgotten about me and left me on hold we are up to 50min so far I’ll keep you all posted. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: I’ve been forgotten again

You don't seem to understand the system.  VM have over five million customers.  They have three UK staff members to answer the phone, and forty agricultural workers in Bangalore, reading from a fault finding script devised by Mickey Mouse.  Complaints are dealt with by a team of five fishermen in Manilla.  So that's a ratio of one VM staff member to every 100,000 customers.  Clearly customer service and complaints service are going to be poor.

So accept that the process of complaints will be slower than an insect in tree sap, and search for, read and follow the Virgin Media Consumer Complaints Code of Practice.  Given that they can't answer the phones, complain in writing by post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Andruser wrote:

You don't seem to understand the system.  VM have over five million customers.  They have three UK staff members to answer the phone, and forty agricultural workers in Bangalore, reading from a fault finding script devised by Mickey Mouse.  Complaints are dealt with by a team of five fishermen in Manilla.  So that's a ratio of one VM staff member to every 100,000 customers.  Clearly customer service and complaints service are going to be poor.

So accept that the process of complaints will be slower than an insect in tree sap, and search for, read and follow the Virgin Media Consumer Complaints Code of Practice.  Given that they can't answer the phones, complain in writing by post.

I just want to congratulate this very on point description of VM's customer services in its power to make me spray tea over my desk. Thank you.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

whilst I do understand they’re very busy and have 5 million customers, they  all run off the same internal system that holds the data for all its customers, explain to me me while I’m being told different things but different agent one tells me I can’t rebook and engineer whilest another one can one beleave I’m having virgin media installed by and engineer and the other knows it’s for an internet issues or just the disrespect that you were told they wrote notes only to find out you need to explain it all again because no notes of being left. 

im sorry but I stick by what I say they are awful !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

'They have three UK staff members to answer the phone, and forty agricultural workers in Bangalore, reading from a fault finding script devised by Mickey Mouse.  Complaints are dealt with by a team of five fishermen in Manilla.  So that's a ratio of one VM staff member to every 100,000 customers.'

Are you sure of those numbers?

Sounds way too many for me to believe.  Surely, you've overestimated the staff numbers by at least 50%, Think the 3 UK staff members are on a shift pattern, and only one works at a time!!  Those 40 Agricultural workers only do the script reading part time (when not doing the farm work) similar to the fishermen, again, who only work part time (between fishing trips)

So the ACTUAL numbers of 'staff' working at any one time is nearer 1/3 of the total ( 1 in UK, 13 in Bangalore, and 2 in Manilla ) so, really it's just the 15/16 of them, so the stats are now about  1 to every 333,333 customers.... 🤣🤣 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi jamiemorgan1991

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of this. I can see from checking the system, we have rebooked the technician for you

My apologies again and let us know how the visit goes.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos