Menu
jennie_s
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HELP - contract incorrect and can't get anyone to help

I wanted to hope joining VM would be a breeze, it isn't, and after many phone calls and listening to each person I speak to throw a different person under the bus I'm stuck with a monthly bill of £51 when the offer I signed up to was £23.95pm.

I just want everything ripped out and never want to have to deal with them again, ever EVER

Sorry, back to the question, what are the consequences if I cancel my DD and request they take everything out asap?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: HELP - contract incorrect and can't get anyone to help

I'm sure @Andrew-G will shortly be along with some good advice on how to deal with the contractual side, but just on the specifics of the DD..

Cancelling the DD will not cancel your contract, and is highly likely to make things worse. In no particular order, you can expect (not exhaustive, but to give you an idea)..

Missed payment charges, suspended services, and ultimately .. entries on your credit file that could haunt you for years to come. Not a good idea.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I concur with @japitts that cancelling your direct debit is an exceptionally bad idea.

Regarding your contractual rights, it's surprisingly simple - under the 2015 Consumer Rights Act anything that was said or written by VM or their representatives and you relied upon when entering the contract is legally binding.  If they agreed to that price and won't now honour it, then you can hold them to it.  That's easiest if you've got some evidence - VM will have call recordings going back at least six months, but any email, or written adverts or chat transcripts will do.  If VM "can't find" the call recordings, then there's no record of any agreed price, in which case they can't hold you to the price they've conjured out of the air.

Your best and quickest way of getting this fixed is if the helpful forum staff can take some details, and go and get the matter sorted pronto (that's also VM's lowest cost outcome).  So I'll flag the matter for the staff to take a look and they'll mostly do that via private message.

In the unlikely event that the forum staff can't get this resolved, there are complaint and escalation processes involving external arbitrators that are highly likely to force VM to settle, but we can talk you through those options if need be - let the forum staff take a look and see if that gets matters fixed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jennie_s,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that we have fallen short of your expectations. I am happy to take a look at this for you to see what's happened and what we can do to fix things. 

In order to do this I will need to pass though data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos