Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Got our first bill through and then monthly price is higher than agreed (Broadband)

I set up my broadband account on the 12th of March and opted for the Fibre Broadband Oomph package and received a price of £29 a month for 12 months and then £49 a month thereafter. We received our first bill through the other day saying that we have to pay £39 a month and £59 a month thereafter. We have tried to contact virgin by calling their customer support number but if you try to go to accounts and billing it redirects you to the website help and then hangs up. We can't find an email address to contact and web chat seems non-existant - either the button doesn't pop up or it repeatedly tells you that all agents are busy and your wait time is 00:01 seconds. At this rate we're likely to contact the ombudsman because Virgin are seemingly uncontactable - unsurprisingly, the only methods of contact still open seem to be for new customers only! Has anyone else had this issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Got our first bill through and then monthly price is higher than agreed (Broadband)

Hi CallumDavidson, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear your first bill is higher than expected. On your statement, is there any additional charges? These could be install or activation fees?

With your first bill, we charge for the month and then the month in advance. For more information please see here: virg.in/1stBill

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos