cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a bill tripled bill without having internet for a month

koukos
Tuning in

Hi there,

Can you advise how to contact Virginmedia and actually speak to someone, please?

I got a bill which is 3 times higher, and they charged me for a month which i had no virginmedia services at all, and some extra charges without excuses.

This is unacceptable,  i am cancelling my direct debit and I will request legal advise, as broadband isn't an energy bill to get increased or whatever.

Thats for the long term, in the meanwhile I need help to contact them over the phone please

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, don't cancel your DD without full understanding of the potential consequences. Whatever the rights & wrongs of a particular case, VM's credit management process is notoriously efficient, and if you don't keep up regular payments, then you should fully expect - late payment fees, potential suspension of services, and eventually entries on your credit file that could haunt you for upto 6 years. It's your choice, but search for "credit file" on this forum and see if the potential outcome is something you like the sound of.

Secondly - what were the circumstances why you didn't have VM services for a month? Was this a delayed install? A fault scenario? And if it was a fault, did you register your loss of service or report it?

You can contact VM by phone on 0345 4541111, or 150 from a VM phone. But a word of advice - explain your circumstances on here, and you might potentially get better advice than you do by phone. There's a mixture of experienced users and VM staff who respond on here.

As for legal advice - do so. But any solicitor worth their salt will advise you to exhaust VM's complaints process first - which you can read all about here  - word of warning, once a complaint is opened, the forum staff are often powerless to assist. So decide how you want to proceed now...

1: Call in

2: Wait here for staff and other users to advise/respond

3: Pursue the complaints process

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks