Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Goodbye Virgin?

I was told my bundle contract had come to an end and decided to call up and see what they would offer me. I've been with Virgin for years and figured that they would be able to offer me something. The person I spoke to was very rude and didn't seem to understand what I was saying. Eventually, they offered me 100 for my broadband, weekends and 100-odd channels for £61. I'm paying £68 for 200, 230+ weekends and movie channels. I asked to remove the movie channels and was told that it would be £66, while keeping my 200mb. But then she said I would only lose some HD channels. When I tried to confirm, she said I would lose all HD channels, plus ITV4, Sky One etc. In the end, I would lose over half my channels CMS only pay £2 less! This is a complete joke. I'm looking for other ISPs. I'm honestly disgusted with the way it was handled and the way I was spoken to.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Goodbye Virgin?

The pricing model they use does not make a lot of sense at times and contract renewals seems to depend on who you get on the other side of the phone. There have been quite a few people on here in recent weeks complaining about the same problem. Only way you can win here is to simply give 30 days notice and take your business elsewhere the only down side is at the moment you will not get 200 from any other UK isp so if you can live without that BB speed you can use Uswitch web site to give you an idea of what is available from the other companies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Goodbye Virgin?

See this thread and see if helps if you try again...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Contract-Renewal/td-p/4138430

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos