cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going in circles

Felmersandy
Joining in

I’ve recently joined virgin after 23 years with sky. The agent messed up my email address and I never got a welcome pack or know my account number 

I have spoken to an agent who set my email address to what it should be (as I have now had my first email from virgin) I have since tried to sign in using this email and it doesn’t work 

I’m getting so frustrated with virgin nobody wants to own the problem. Any ideas?

im on the verge of telling them to stick it 

6 REPLIES 6

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Felmersandy,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling to set up an online account. What happens exactly when you try? At what point are you getting stuck? Is an error message appearing?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

IMG_8086.jpeg

That’s what I’m getting, I don’t have anything with an account number on as far as I’m aware

Hi @Felmersandy,

Thank you for expanding. I understand you don't have the welcome email for the reasons you explained earlier but have you received a bill via email or in the post from us? That'll detail the information that you need.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Nothing at all and cannot progress 

the method is to convoluted and a brick wall if there’s a problem, I’m beginning to regret changing supplier 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming that, Andy.

I'm sorry to hear you also feel this way since changing provider. I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into this further for you. Please look out for my message in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

jimthing
Superfast

@Felmersandy wrote:

[...] The agent messed up my email address and I never got a welcome pack or know my account number 

I have spoken to an agent who set my email address to what it should be (as I have now had my first email from virgin) I have since tried to sign in using this email and it doesn’t work [...] 

Tip: Strongly advise to not use an email address given to you from any ISP (inc. VM), as if you want to move ISP's in the future they close down that email address when you stop being an ISP customer of theirs. Just tell VM your own email address for logging-in to VM online billing and to receive VM bill emails. Much better, as I explain... 

Most people these days simply go to with a free online provider that is not dependant on whoever their ISP happens to be, so if you move house or change ISP, you can simply carry on using said email address without problems – e.g. Outlook.com or iCloud.com (for normal IMAP), or Gmail.com (for their proprietary G-IMAP). Personally, I recommend Outlook.com or iCloud.com myself, as works much easier in your all email clients, compared to Gmail's proprietary tech, and none of the Google spam of course.