Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Giving notice to end contract a/c

I got an email to say I need to give 30 days notice if I'm going to another provider - by phoning 0345 454 1111.

I've been waiting for someone to talk to me for more than 13 minutes....

I WILL be going to another provider, when this contract ends, on 16th August.
I do not know which provider yet.

Please accept this notice. as of 09/07/2020.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Giving notice to end contract a/c

Hi ACCB,

unfortunately Virgin Media will not acept a cancellation notice given on a public forum, or facebook, twitter - you must follow the correct procedures as laid out in their Terms & Conditions

You can either call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

or write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

You can also at the moment send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Part of the reason I'm leaving is the poor level of service exemplified by how this is being dealt with.

I received an instruction by email, which I followed to the letter.

Unfortunately there was no one willing or able to receive my call.

I will take your response to my message here as an acknowledgement of the notice given.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

the person that replied and myself are NOT virginmedia staff.. the official forum staff should reply in a day or so, and they'll be advising you the the same, as for getting to speak to agent most of the centres are closed, so times will be longer. you can also text via 07533 051809 and an agent will get back to you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi again ACCB,

I don't work for Virgin media, this is a community forum, not a Virgin Media forum manned full time by Virgin Media staff.

I replied to your post advising you of the official means to cancel and advised giving notice on a public forum will not be accepted by Virgin.

I pointed you to the correct areas to process your cancellation request, and also to the official Virgin Media Terms and Conditions which explain the ways they will accept your request.  

I again suggest you try and cancel in the correct manner. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ah, I assumed since you replied you were authorized to speak for Virgin.

I'm not here looking for unsolicited advice, thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

this os a community forum. The post here will be mostly community members not staff.

The ways to cancel are simple. They are stated in your contract. The contract you signed and agreed to.
You need to complete the legal contract and give notice as you agreed to.

if you fail to do that you will just end up with a debt against your name and a black mark on your credit file and the doubt passed to debt collectors

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I think the point is that most people are more than happy to call and make amendments but it is just an infuriating process trying to speak to someone, many of us work full time and have things going on in life that make sitting by your phone for hours listening to the same things on loop, hoping that someone picks up at some point an incredibly frustrating experience. Why not a leave some details and Virgin call back process or at least an idea of where in a queue you are? You just get left simmering with frustration thinking that it's just a ploy to make you give up and put up with things.

Highlighted
Super solver
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

'I'm not here looking for unsolicited advice, thanks'

you got the correct advice from a trusted and respected longtime user of these forums. virgin staff will give exactly the same advice. even when virgin staff reply here you will still not be able to say ' I will take your response to my message here as an acknowledgement of the notice given'. this is an open public form viewable by all. no one is allowed to 'cancel' using this forum. the same applies to both bt and sky forums. the customers of all have to contact their provider in similar ways.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

"or at least an idea of where in a queue you are"
Because that does work.

You are number 1 in the queue. - there is one agent on a 60 minute call.

You are 1000 in the queue. - there are 1000 agents each on 1 minute calls

You would of waited the hour as you were number 1 and hung up as you were 1000 but would of been answered in 1 minute.

This is why Call centers spend £1000's on queuematric because they are not as simple as people think.

Trust me i know. I'm an engineer for a phone company 😛

0 Kudos