cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 slower than expected

mattcodling
Tuning in

Hi, my Hub 5 arrived today so I set it all up and did a few speed tests. I was a little surprised by the results.

To preface this, I used to have M500 - my download speeds on WiFi (sat relatively close to the router) were around 500-550Mbps. My Ethernet download speeds were always around 550 Mbps.

Since upgrading to Gig1, I was hoping I'd be seeing speeds of 1000+ Mbps on Ethernet, and maybe a little bit below 1000 on WiFi. However, when running a speed test on WiFi I'm getting speeds of around 600-750Mbps and on Ethernet with Cat6 I'm getting around 700-750Mbps. I'm quite disappointed with the Ethernet speed, as it's direct into the router to my PC and as I said before, I got more than quoted on my 500 speed so I did expect it to be higher.

I did a speed test on the 'Virgin Media Connect' app and it confirms there that the Router is receiving 1,100Mbps - I just don't get why it's not feeding that out. I have barely any devices connected up, so it's not clogged at all. Any ideas would be great, I suspect this may need an Engineer out to test a few wires.

2 REPLIES 2

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello mattcodling, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having a speed issues.

I have taken a look from our side and I have picked up something which will need looking into this.

I am going to send you a PM, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad to have been able to assist with this @mattcodling.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs