I joined Virgin in March and the customer care is stunningly awful...........
1) I have had no welcome letter or Area code so can't sign onto Manage Your Account
2) I had a partially installed system on April 8th, but the land line phone doesn't work. Whilst missing the scam calls is no great loss, a few people still use my landline number - and more importantly i am on a transplant list who use it. As does the Electrictiy provider if they are doing maintenance work, as I am on their vulnerable customer list as I need electricity 24x7 for my medical condition.
3) I also dare not switch to my Virgin Mobile SIM in case there is an issue, as I will be off grid to the Hospital & Electricity people - so am still running a duplicate an O2 account I don't need and wasting money.
3) I sent an initial complaints letter in March (pre-virus) but am still waiting a proper response from customer care team. Virgin is still installing some systems through the virus, so surely office workers are at least working from home on complaints etc. Their broadband & phone are supposed to be god sends to home working, so do Virgin staff not use its own products?
4) I received a letter Today from the so-called "Customer Resoutions Team" saying they have been trying to contact me on my contact numbers and failed..............and to text them to speak - which I have done,
5) However, I have no missed calls on my mobile, no one has bothered to respond to the 3 or more e-mails I have sent asking for a response, and nobody has questioned why my landline is not working............let alone respond to my text message.
Therefore, Customer Resolutions Team can you please get in touch with me ASAP on my mobile or e-mail account.
If this is the standard level of Virgin customer care I won't bve staying with you over 20 years, as I did with Sky.............
Not sure where this Help forum is answered, so apologies to other users if you are wondering why i am sending this message. However, I assume this post isn't totally without meaning for other users, as it demonstrates how much you are left to your own devices under Virgin..............
As an engineer I can assure you that situations like this very rarely happen. Due to the pandemic our customer care team is much smaller and a lot of our online services ,ay not be working properly.
But I want to help if I can.
So firstly, how were your services in March installed? Were they installed by one of our engineers or was it sent to you in the post?
Also if you hover over my Virgin Logo and select "send message" you can send me a private message with your first line of address and post code and I can have a look on our system for your area reference etc.
I totally understand that this must be frustrating but please believe that Virgin Media's customer service is usually just as good as any other companies. The pandemic has dramatically affected the way our Business is functioning at this time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am a Virgin Media Field Technician currently working from home. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Did you know you can get £50 off your bill for referring friends and family to Virgin Media? Want to know more? Just drop me a message!
Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more
Well since I posted my last post, what has happened:
1) A loyal company defence of the Virgin customer Services department (see below).
2) Two offers of help, that resulted in nothing apart from wasting my time repeating my issues yet again. The one below and a series of text messages on Wednesday 13th May from the so-called "Customer Resolution Service!", which ended at 5:37 pm after I had described my issues with the immortal words: ""Thank you please allow me minutes" to resolve my issues as promised at 5:07 pm, and since then there has just been pure silence...............
So, here I am on a dodgy hospital broadband link waiting for a Department, that clearly resolves nothing..................
Seriously, how hard is it to issue me with:
1) An Area Code so i can manage my account on line.
2) A Welcome Letter, so i know the basics about the service i've been fool enough to buy......
3) An invoice, with appropriate adjustments, for the first month i've had this partial system.
4) A response to my detailed complaint, which was sent in pre-virus days.
So given my appalling personal experience, I think i have to agree with the following view recently expressed comment in a national newspaper:
“The most recent telecoms complaints data from the communications regulator Ofcom shows that, in the second quarter of 2019, virgin was the most complained-about provider for pay monthly mobile and ranked fourth for complaints about landline services”.
Can't really believe when I get out of hospital I will have to contact the regulators just to get some simple basic customer support, from this "fourth" rate company.
Obviously, the company have been concentrating too much on the take over of O2 to pay any attention to improving the lamentable customer support.
Still when I lodge another complaint with the CEO I am sure his office will blame everything on the Virus......
I guess 5 G can't come soon enough to sake u the complacency of the old media companies, such as Virgin, Sky and BT that think they have a captive market.............and can treat customers like dirt with no meaning consequences to follow...................