cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Flex

pdfbt40
Fibre optic

Is there a full summary of Full Flex which keeps popping up on my account pages?

Is it just as intuitive as the selection appears (but doesn't always select)?
As an existing customer, I can change online; not a compulsory phone call to Customer Service.
Really allowed to change selections when I want, not monthly?
But can't reduce my total bill!

Why not still use, for example, the TV pack names of Mixit & Maxit?
Does TV Essentials = Mixit ?

Why no proper launch/announcement?

https://care.virginmedia.com/care/change-package/full-flex?p_tier=YP_2115F3&u_journey=90004

pdfbt40
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I signed up to it about three weeks ago. As it says on the offer page, for those who get redirected to it, it is a trial promotion for selected customers only. I get the impression it is a bit embryonic at the moment. Making my initial selection prior to sign up was pretty straightforward, but the link you are given to use to make any changes after signing up currently takes you to the exact same page that the initial selection is made from, which is a bit counter-intuitive. I haven't tried making any changes, so I don't know how well that currently works. Yes TV Essentials = Mixit, and will probably show as that on your order confirmation and contract etc. if you take it. (My TV selection shows as Maxit on those.) Not sure what you mean by "But can't reduce my total bill!" - the price changes to reflect your selection. Personally I hope Full Flex takes off, as I very much like the idea of it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Mixit & Maxit are the two current TV tiers, with personal picks that can be added to Mixit. Any other TV tier is legacy and no longer sold.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide includes links to the current personal pick guide at the bottom.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I signed up to it about three weeks ago. As it says on the offer page, for those who get redirected to it, it is a trial promotion for selected customers only. I get the impression it is a bit embryonic at the moment. Making my initial selection prior to sign up was pretty straightforward, but the link you are given to use to make any changes after signing up currently takes you to the exact same page that the initial selection is made from, which is a bit counter-intuitive. I haven't tried making any changes, so I don't know how well that currently works. Yes TV Essentials = Mixit, and will probably show as that on your order confirmation and contract etc. if you take it. (My TV selection shows as Maxit on those.) Not sure what you mean by "But can't reduce my total bill!" - the price changes to reflect your selection. Personally I hope Full Flex takes off, as I very much like the idea of it.

Guess what, I know that!! Which is why I ask about "Essential TV".

As an existing customer for decades, surprisingly I'm aware of packs/tiers and their confused presentation in Channel Guide as well as ridiculous personal picks.

However, you have failed to answer the Key Question - What is Full Flex, how does it work. Something a bit better( inbetween) the intuitive page and the complex contracts..
pdfbt40

Thank you for something useful as opposed the VIP response on tiers and personal picks, but Full Flex, not a pip.

I often think VIPs get bonus points on making replies even if off topic!

Yes, confirms as far as I'd got after Full Flex popped up on website.
I have a discount/contract ending at the beginning of February, so it's not just trying to keep up with VM!
Yes, say trial promotion as well, but no hint of duration (with my contract review coming up)
My current monthly 'bundle' is £71. One of the tick boxes actually says I'm increasing for Full Flex. I'd prefer to cut a lot of channels and get down to ~£60 but can't with tiers/bundles. If I do delete both Personal Picks it 'sticks' at my current £71

So thanks for confirming it actually works albeit with some minor glitches.
It really is the sort of facility VM should have had for instance at their last rearrangement, rather than existing customers having to phone Customer Services and usually Retentions!!

I'll pick up again end of the month if the trial is still going.
Did they try to get you to comment on the experience?

pdfbt40

I also had a discount, which was due to end mid-January, which was why I initially looked at the offers page, as I wanted to give 30 days notice to downgrade my package to avoid the fairly large increase I was otherwise facing. For me, when I made a downgraded selection via Full Flex, the resulting price was £0.25 under the normal out of contract price for the equivalent "bundle", although I'm not sure that every customer gets offered the same prices on Full Flex. However after I signed up to this selection on Full Flex I was very pleasantly surprised that the contract I received was for exactly the same package that I already had, at an only very slightly higher price than I was paying with the discount that was about to expire (and in turn it was only slightly higher in price than the downgraded package I had selected.) I have no idea why Virgin Media did this, but I was happy that they did, and my contract is still a Full Flex 30 day rolling one with the option to change or cancel at any time etc. This option will be available for 18 months, according to the T&Cs. Yes there was the ability to give feedback at the end of the sign up process, which I used to point out a small error on the website. Maybe I got the improved package as a "thank you" - I assume not everyone will have the same experience anyway!