cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrations when updating package

dartguru
Dialled in

I have moved house and started a new package, MAXIT + Sports. We had some teething problems. My package at the old address was disconnected three days early and nothing could be done about it for up to 48 hours and not without compromising the engineer appointment for the new installation. Why? Is the software so inept that restarts to rectify a VM mistake can't be fast tracked? Maybe not by the call centre staff, but getting through to anyone with authority and ability is like trying to get past the doctors surgery receptionist Gestapo.

The engineer visit was a smooth event, two V6 boxes installed and up and running. Pod on the way. Can't praise him highly enough.

Yesterday I tried to update the package to include Movies and Racing TV. The call concluded smoothly with an agreed price and timescale "up to 24 hours".

24 hours later, nothing, I ring again,  to be told there was no record of my call (at least I think that was what was said, bit tricky to understand). Went through the whole process again. It now seems to be activated.

It just annoys me that this didn't happen the first time. It's this haphazard service that gives VM the kind of name it doesn't really deserve.

1 REPLY 1

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dartguru

Welcome back to the community!
Sorry to hear you had some issues when moving to your new home and adding additional channels to your package. This is very disappointing to hear, and I can assure you that this isn't the level of service that we want to provide. We  do appreciate any and all feedback about how we can improve our customer's experience with us.  I'm glad to hear this has now all been sorted for you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us. We'll be here to help if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley