Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Frustrating 'rules' - what happened to putting the customer first?

Currently on M200 broadband/TV/Phone package with a V6 and a Tivo - just got off the phone after trying to get a better deal - so frustrated.....

Initially told I could probably have 350MB broadband (maximum on my line?) until I mentioned the 'Oomph' package available to new customers at which point I was told that I could have M500 (arghh!). Also agreed I could swap out my old Tivo for a V6 as part of the new deal.

Great I thought - better speed, new box, and £30 per month cheaper than currently - what's not to like? Then I was told I'd get a SIM as part of the deal - don't need one as my mobile is currently under contract with EE, but suggested my wife could make use of it - not allowed said the aagent - I can only port my mobile number, not my wifes as she isn't the account holder - ridiculous, but can probably work out a way round it (or leave the SIM in a drawer until I can make use of it).

Then the biggy - my bill is due and as the direct debit hasn't been collected yet, Virgin can't carry out the credit check for the SIM (that I don't need/want) so I can't swap over for another couple of weeks - not only that, but they can't just make it happen when the payment has cleared, but I have to call back (and probably queue for another 20+ minutes) while hoping that they really will honour the deal....I'd love to know if anyone at Virgin considers these things from the customer point of view - seems all the rules/systems are done for Virgin's benefit and to cause maximum frustration to their customers. I would have signed up there and then, but I'm so frustrated with the lack of fexibility (and basic common sense) that I'm going to spend the next couple of weeks looking into alternatives - why does it have to be this way?....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Frustrating 'rules' - what happened to putting the customer first?

The 350MB is the highest anyone can get who is not on the oomph bundle. The 500MB is exclusive to that package.

Your wife could use the SIM - but it will need to be in your name. You could port her number in (you just do it yourself).

The SIM is subject to a credit check as the regulator requires this. It is not VM choice.

I don't think they can change the package whilst the account is technically in arrears (as the bill payment hasn't been taken yet).

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the explanation - shame the young lady I was speaking to couldn't explain it as clearly.....

I thought I could port the mobile number over, but she was insistent that the exisitng number needed to be in my name....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

.....and so it carries on - rang back after the prescribed 2 weeks only to be told (after a 30 minute wait to get through) that the operator couldn't do the deal I'd been offered and that I'd need to speak the original operator - but don't worry, because she'll ring me - ha! That was Monday, it's now Friday and still no call.

So I rang again - this time got through straight away (!!!) to a Scottish chap who said I'd need to speak to the Oomph team - he transfered me and I sat in a queue for over 45 minutes - eventually got through to a UK operator who could nearly do the original deal though apparently I can't have my exisiting Tivo upgraded to a V6 without another £95 charge (so I was initially lied to). Anway, I agreed to go with the deal only for something to go wrong with the Virgin computer system during the changeover - after a long time waiting for it to be corrected, I was then cut off!!!! Unbelieveable - though they did ring me (on my mobile which was in the other room so I didn't get there in time) - I'm therefore completely in the dark with how far they got with the transfer...

I tried chat hoping they could get the Oomph team to ring me - they couldn't (wrong team!!) and in fact were worse than useless - so I called again - I've now been in a queue for 44 minutes (and counting....). I'd give up, but it seems they've started something as I got an order email relating to Virgin mobile, so I daren't just cancel everything as it's possible they got as far as starting my new contract - at the end of my tether with the utterly dreadful customer service from this ridiculous company - it's almost as if they've designed the whole experience to be as painful as possible....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

and after 1hour and 8 minutes queing (listening to the same loop of music over and over again), the phone was disconnected at the Virgin end again....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gaspode64,

Sorry to hear of this.

I'll send you a PM to check the status of the transfer over of the package.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos