Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Frustrated

Any ideas???....what started out as a simple task has turned into an epic saga😳.Both my husband and myself are due an upgrade on our mobiles. Hubby's screen is shot so he cant even see it. Do it online Virgin says,, here's the thing....tried to register on My mobile,, dont recognise the email address or the memorable information,,, My virgin media,, dont recognise the email address or you're a secondary account,, so cant access anything. Dont answer the phone...Covid being a poor excuse as EE answered my son and upgraded him within minutes....dont respond to emails...even this forum dont acknowledge you. If someone could respond to me that would be tickety... considering we have landline, tv, broadband and mobile packages, clearly the last remaining option would be to cancel the two mobile phone direct debits and go elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Frustrated

Posts do get read and answered in this forum, with VM staff responding to hundreds each day, but they normally don't get an instant response because this is a "community" forum, and not intended to be first line customer service.  I'd also reckon that the forum staff won't be able to arrange a phone upgrade - it's starkly obvious that the mobile systems and support are completely separate from the TV, landline and broadband systems and support, so they won't have the access (and they don't have package change rights for those other services either).

All of which means that you'll have to keep phoning until you get through.  But given the poor service and likely transfer of Virgin Mobile traffic to either Vodafone or perhaps O2's network, and away from the EE network, why not just get a PAC code and take your business elsewhere?  VM are supposed to provide a PAC automatically in response to a text.  That way you shouldn't need to try and speak to VM at all, although if you're still in a fixed term contract you'll have to pay the early termination charges.

But either way don't cancel the direct debit.  That'll be recorded on your credit history file as a default, and not only will VM put any bounced payment requests and costs into their "debt recovery" process, but your credit history will have big black mark for the next six years.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frustrated

Thanks for your comment. I realise that this is a community forum and as a result of failing to get a response in any form from VM I reckoned that this may be the way. I understand, starkly, as put, that it is not an all in house service, and that the mobile section is separate to everything else, but surely they could offer advice, or point you to someone who could help. As we are a working household it is impossible to remain on hold indefinitely. I have tried the text messaging service, but this was ended as it went after 8 pm. But thank you for your response.

0 Kudos