Frustrated beyond belief- Cannot log onto my account
In all my life, I have never been as frustrated with a company than I currently am with Virgin. So much so that after 15 years of being with you (my email address with you is @ntlworld which shows how long I have been a customer) I am now seriously considering looking at switching due to the frustration I am having and not being able to speak to anyone about it.
1) After yet another subscription price increase letter I wanted to log onto my account and have a closer look at packages etc
2) I know my email but forgot my password, after all its over 15 years old and I rarely use your online account service.
3) After clicking forgot password I entered my security question, using all spelling and upper case, lower case permutations. Nothing worked, it kept asking me to re-enter and my god those annoying I am not a robot and click on photos selection. In fact the only time it let me proceed I got a "oops somethings broken" screen. I have had the same on windows, chrome and safari
4) So I tried another way, forgot user name and it asked me for my details from my latest bill. I entered the 100% correct details as I had the bill in front of me, and nope, invalid bill message. Its a complete and utter joke. So I even tried my previous months bill incase it was not up to date, nope, invalid bill.
5) I sent a message on twitter last week, no reply. Another has been sent today asking someone to DM me there
6) I have spent 45 minutes today trying to phone, on hold from 9.14 to 9.27 before giving up (probably your policy of not answering calls made to cancellation dept so people give up), then press this, press that, no option let me speak to a person. So I tried the options thinking of leaving and change my package only to be met with a "enter 3 digits of your security code". I have never been given one due to the age of my account so again frustration and I was not asked for this earlier when I rang at 9.14am
Seriously, I have never ever been as frustrated with a company as I am with you at this time over a simple thing of being able to log into my account or speak to someone. I am happy with the service you provide ie TV and Broadband but customer service is next to impossible to receive.
I have issued a complaint online and asked Virgin to resolve within a week or I will need to seriously consider my future with you and look at alternative suppliers.
Re: Frustrated beyond belief- Cannot log onto my account
I am having the same exact issue with accessing the myvirgin site. The email it has associated with the account is a blueyonder one I have never actually used. I entered the details from my latest bill very carefully several times, only to be told they are invalid.
My broadband has not been working for over 24 hours now. The automated phone service informs me that there are no known local outages, despite a number of my neighbours saying that they also currently have no service. I then called the help line (the one you have to pay 15p per minute for) and they claim to have run a test which shows my router is not connected, when I am absolutely certain it is. No other options were offered. I have even gone outside to visually inspect where the coax cable exits the house and runs down the side of it and into a conduit that then goes underground.
After numerous restarts, the Hub 3.0 router simply shows a flashing green led. After the pinhole reset that was joined by a steady green wifi light. The Hub configuration page shows the internet connection as 'denied'.
I'm extremely irritated to have so much of my weekend taken up with trying to sort this. I will be even more angry if it prevents me from being able to work on Monday. I don't understand how VM can get away with charging so much while delivering so little. It's really shocking.