cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free xbox s 2023

Mickyb12023
Tuning in

2 week ago I was told it was ready to be delivered by exercise and not long now to wait........so its been 6 week not 4 like promised...I am also going to trading standards about this as it appears to be another scam, if not sorted I'm definitely going to sky instead....should also sue you virgin ...I SUGGEST YOU GET IT SORTED...

6 REPLIES 6

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mickyb12023 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you have not yet received your free Xbox gift. We can understand the frustration caused. Just to confirm, was this gift offered on our website or by a third party? Are you able to let me know how you signed up for this deal?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I did it online via yourselfs,  you should have the records of this, I had to choose bigger package more expensive one to get xbox s free after 28 days.

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

I'll send you a PM to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Mickyb12023
Tuning in

Well I'm calling **bleep** on the free xbox s 2023....should have been here by today virgin Media last said to me, aaaand surprise nothing still. What a con..hi ho hi ho off to trading standards I go.

Hi @Mickyb12023 

Nothing to do with Trading Standards - and certainly not the word you're using. We have advised via PM the delivery is not under our jurisdiction but we've raised it with the delivery team and will be in touch asap.

Best wishes. 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

spell
Knows their stuff

First port of call is the Citizens Advice Bureau - google for your local branch for contact details by phone or email. In my case they referred the matter to Trading Standards who in turn advised me that if they identified fraudulent activity they were duty bound to report the issue to the police.

It is interesting that a Forum Team member has decided to give what I would consider inaccurate information on the actual remit of Trading Standards.

If the contract covering the supply of the Xbox is directly with Virgin Media they have 100% responsibility for ensuring the item is delivered as stated without any instructions to the customer to get involved with any third party or delivery company.

The issue may not come under the direct 'jurisdiction???' of a customer forum but it is the absolute responsibility of VM as an organisation.