Menu
Gumsy11
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Free tv and paying off rest of current broadband!

Hi, basically when I signed up which was over the phone. I asked the agent if he could match the online offer of a free 43inch LG TV if I signed up. He said he could and he will. Also he also said Virgin will pay up the rest of my current broadband to switch. Brilliant! I got my contract through and it does not state anything about the free TV or paying off my current broadband. Is this normal? And has anyone else had anything similar? 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free tv and paying off rest of current broadband!

Hi Gumsy11, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry there has been some concern regarding the offer you've picked, this isn't good. 

Can I ask if you're coming to us from another provider? We wouldn't usually pay off any contracts with other providers as we're unable to contact them on your behalf. 

Please let us know if you still need help with this. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Gumsy11
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes I am coming from another provider. This was what the agent who spoke to me on the phone said they would do as my current providers contract don't end till March. Seems like I was not told the truth. Also the free tv offer was also agreed on but as I stated nothing has been confirmed to me so far which once again is disappointing. How would I resolve this. Any help is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. 

We can certainly pop you a personal message and see what was advised. 

I'll pop you a personal message now and take it from there. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos