Menu
Snowy1969
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Free activation fee has been charged on my account

I took out a new contract on 30th Jan 2021 online and it clearly stated that the activation was FREE until 4th Feb 2021.  I took out a new contract partially based on the FREE activation fee.  Also received the Virgin Media order email which confirmed the FREE activation fee.  Then when I looked online at my account it stated that I would be charged £35 for activation on my first bill.  Also when they emailed me the contract, it also stated the £35 activation fee would be on my first bill.

WHY DO VIRGIN MEDIA NOT HAVE A EMAIL ADDRESS THAT CUSTOMERS CAN SEND THERE QUERIES TO.

I was a VM customer for 15 years prior to Sept 2018,  thought that customer service might have improved.  I guess I have already had the answer!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Snowy1969
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free activation fee has been charged on my account

Just for information relating to my previous post. The email that I received almost straight after agreeing to the B.band, TV & Phone package on 30th Jan 2021.

webteam@virginmedia.co.uk
Sat 30/01/2021 17:46

To:
  •  You

Hello Stuart,

Thanks for choosing Virgin Media. We've got your order - here's a quick summary of what you've picked, and what happens next.

Thanks for choosing Virgin Media. We've got your order.

You'll receive an email from us shortly with a link to your contract. This is a digital document and has details of your package, plus important legal terms and conditions.

If there's anything else we need to know to complete your order, we'll contact you in the next 48 hours.

For now, sit tight.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

Your order summary

Order ref: WS7469264

Order date: Saturday, January 30, 2021

Monthly cost breakdown

You've got our Big bundle             

(18 month contract unless specified)

£46.99 a month
for 18 months then
£79.00 a month

M100 Fibre Broadband

Mixit TV

Talk Weekends

Virgin Phone Line

Your extras - all included in your monthly total

Free Voicemail

Entertainment & Drama

Equipment

Virgin Media Hub 3

Included

Virgin TV 360 box

Included

Virgin TV 360 Mini box

Included

Set up costs

QuickStart delivery

£0.00

Activation Fee

FREE

Worth £35.00

Total Payments

Monthly cost:

£46.99 a month
for 18 months then
£79.00 a month

One-off payments:

To be applied to your first bill:

£0.00

To pay today:

£0.00

But the contract states:

VM contract.jpg

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @Snowy1969 

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your contract price. 

I am going to drop you a PM so that I can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Snowy1969
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just thought that I would update this post.  Its over two weeks since I first put this post online.  I received a reply from a forum team member and they suggested moving to a PM, private message.  The forum team member asked me for some details relating to my account and then asked me to send an email to [MOD EDIT: Removed].  That was FIVE days ago and have not heard anything back.

Today I started a chat on the online message service and explained to the agent the issues I have covered in these posts.  Guess what their suggestion was???

They tried to sell me an upgrade to FURTHER increase my monthly costs and stated that they could not sort out any issues with account charges.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Snowy1969,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am sorry you haven't heard anything since sending in your email as requested, I have managed to pick this up and will be able to help further.

I will send you a invite onto a private chat so I can get this resolved today for you, please click on the purple envelope which will follow shortly.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Snowy1969
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

IT WAS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY Re: Free activation fee has been charged on my account

it's been a stressful three weeks of phone calls to start with where I was asked about a memorable password to use when telephoning in to customer services.  The memorable password which I could not remember creating.

(I remember creating the online password to access my account and a security password to help reset my online password).

Three, no four text messages (ALL OF WHICH WERE IGNORED) asking for help in resolving an issue with being charged an activation fee of £35.  It CLEARLY stated in the email that I received straight after pressing the confirm button on the deal that I agreed to whilst at the same time messaging with a chat agent on the online messaging system. I have a complete transcript of ALL the chats that I had right from the 27th Jan 2021 when I was enquiring about how the Mini TV boxes for watching both TV and programmes and movies recorded on the Main 360 box.

Messaging on the VM online chat with four different chat agents.  One of who promised on the 4th Feb to sort out my account, but nothing happened.

Keeping records of all phone calls and also keeping screen prints of all chat transcripts and even the messages to the Community forum team members etc.

FINALLY today 24 days after taking out the deal on the VM website the £35 activation fee which was advertised online as being available to customers agreed to take out a deal before 4th Feb 2021.  I got help from Paul_DN, a member of Forum Team.  In fact I actually got message from another member of the Forum Team who said that "Paul is the best and he will be able to get this sorted for you".

Well Paul did help me, he added a credit of £35 to my account. It was not obvious to me that he had added the £35 credit to my account, Paul told me that the credit would be applied when I paid my first bill that is due to be paid on the 10th March. When I started the process AS IF I was going to pay the bill today, the credit shows against the first bill and reduces the actual payment down to what I should have paid all along.

A big thank you to Paul_DN for correcting an error which was most probably caused by an automated system.  That said, it has been a horrible wait stressing about such a small amount of cash, only £35.

IT WAS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY,  IT WAS ABOUT VIRGIN MEDIA HONOURING THE AGREEMENT THAT I ENTERED INTO WITH THEM.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: IT WAS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY Re: Free activation fee has been charged on my account

Hi Snowy1969,

Thanks for coming back to us, I appreciate this hasn't been the best experience and you have had to chase this up a lot, we apologise for any inconvenience and unnecessary stress this has cause you.

I am glad I was able to get this resolve, if you have any further issues at all do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos