Menu
lidston
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Free / Cheap contact phone number

All our cable services have been non-existent since Wednesday. The service status does not always say there is a problem. It does at the the moment estimated fix 18:00 but I've been told it might not be fixed until the 12th. Luckily when we renewed (unfortunately I couldn't find anyone else to go to where we are, I have now but got a while until our contract is up) we got the package with an unlimited data sim so we have a backup. Video calls better quality using it than we've had with the cable which they are meant to be replacing as it's damaged. Just struggles with us both working from home sometimes.

However the purpose of this is when the service status was saying there were no problems I had to ring to speak to someone. Is there a number that we can ring when the virgin line is not working that's not the 0845 number? The cost of the calls with the wait time. Even when there isn't a wait time is extortionate. I doubt the refund we will get from lack of service will even cover the phone call. Both being classed as key workers and needing to work from home waiting the standard two weeks for a response on here wasn't going to cut it.

Virgin has it's faults and service issues but the only thing that really bugs me is the inability to be able to pick up the phone and speak to someone. They need to hire more call centre staff and train them enough that they don't need a script, and I don't need to be told by everyone I speak to that I can go to help online. It rarely does help.

So is there a number other than the 0845 one that can be used when you're not able to ring 150.

0 Kudos
lidston
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free / Cheap contact phone number

I've now seen that it's 0345. I had the old numbers in paperwork from them. They should scrap the old number.
0 Kudos