Menu
nawiddaoud
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Fraudulently placed into a new contract when moved house

Hi, 

Before I get into my main issue, I just wanted to say I have now spent over AN HOUR on the phone to VM, while different departments take turns fobbing me off- are your customers some kind of joke to you? What a great service.

The retentions team have now twice said they will put me through to a "manager" but instead they put me in the general queue for customer service service. I am now on the 4th advisor, Dave from the retentions team, who refused to give me a second name. He finally had the courtesy to tell me he can't "put me through" to a manager but he can take my details and ask a manager to call me back. Could one of the first three people not have told me this?

My problem:
I was originally on a 12 month contract in my previous property which started in July 2019. I moved house in April 2020, and took my VM service with me. The VM FAQ clearly states here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home-faqs that if I do not change my service, my contract should continue as normal, and I also agreed this with the advisor over the phone who processed my home move request. 

I did not make any changes to my service, and assumed that my existing agreement with Virgin Media would continue, as the website explicitly stated it would.

I today noticed on my Virgin Media that my contract is showing an April 2021 end date, which means I have been started on a new 12 month deal, without my consent. To rub salt in the wound, my previous contract, which ended July 2020 had a promotional discount applied. The movers team seem to have extended the contract end date to April 2021, but have not extended the promotional discount end date, so from July 2020 I am now required to pay over £50 per month. My original contract was £32pm, due to end on 27th July 2020.

I would like my original contract which ended 27 July 2020 honoured. I have without my consent been entered into a new contract, even when your website and advisor on the phone explicitly stated this would not happen. I should now be out of contract, and would like this to be the case please. I would also like to be refunded the difference for the last two months where I have been paying the higher rate because I am locked into a contract I did not enter into.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulently placed into a new contract when moved house

Hi nawiddaoud,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are not happy as you believed your contract carried on when moving not extended .

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Maelgrim
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I'd appreciate hearing the outcome of this, as once my other issue is resolved (assuming it can be) i'm looking to move my service to a new address, but don't want to be locked into a new contract whilst doing so.

Cheers,
Kevin

nawiddaoud
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Paul has started looking into it for me. 

He says the movers team offered me £35.50 for 12 months in the call, but my last two bills for some reason have been around the £50 mark, no explanation. He then proceeded to attempt to solve my problem by offering me a deal at £39.50pm, but on the condition I sign up to a new 18 MONTH contract. 

Lets say hypothetically their team offered me £35.50 for 12 months when I moved back in April, and this was agreed (I refute it was). What this now looks like is VM has overcharged me for the last two months, despite it not being what was agreed over the phone, and they are now offering to charge me more than I agreed over the phone to solve the problem THEY CREATED. You couldn't make this up.

0 Kudos
nawiddaoud
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

nawiddaoud_0-1597150581886.png

Paul couldn't help me. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I didn't advise 18 months contract Nawid I advised you will keep it for 18 month's , the contract will stay as it is.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Maelgrim
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have to admit, your issue here and the others that have cropped up on the forums today are making me anxious about moving my service

Though there's also the fact that the team member that PM'd me for my initial issue asking for details hasn't responded in 5 or so hours too

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maelgrim,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I am sorry the person who invited you into a pm didn't come back, I will be more than happy to look into this for you.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Maelgrim
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul, I will await your PM
0 Kudos
nawiddaoud
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Paul, 

In the context, what is the difference between "you will keep it for 18 months" and an 18 month contract? Maybe you didn't mean another 18 month contract, but it was not clear from your wording. 

I have wasted over 3 hours today trying to deal with this issue. Its been several hours and I still have not had a call back from a Retentions manager, despite wasting an hour on the phone being passed from call handler to call handler. I have also spent time on this forum, interacting with Paul only to find out that he also can't help me. I have now sent a complaint into the formal complaints online page, but this is getting ridiculous now. 

I will not be touching virgin media with a barge pole again. I am leaving as soon as I can. They charge customers more for their loyalty, only offering their best prices to new customers. Loyalty is penalised here. I do not normally complain, or make a fuss about things like this, but have been driven to the edge by my dealings with Virgin Media, and their shady business practices.