Menu
Alps6020
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Fraudulent account using my name

Hi

I used to have a virgin media account but believed this was transferred to my ex partner when I left the property (told by them not by VM). I’ve recently had contact from virgin media to my email address telling me it’s still my email and my name on the account but clearly it’s not me that has access, nor is it me paying the bills.

I’ve called customer service who have confirmed there is still an account where I am the account holder, using my email address but they’re unable to continue the call as I can’t tell them the password or financial details on the account(obviously as I don’t have account access), they’re then unable to continue the call due to me failing security.

I have asked them to terminate any account associated under my name as it is not me, or to transfer me to someone I could speak to about fraud but they have been unable to help.

What do I do to delete this account that I have no way of accessing but yet is still using my legal name? 

thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fraudulent account using my name

Hi Alps6020,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear your old account still seems to be in your name.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos