Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

First bill incorrect

Hi,

I moved house and I joined Virgin, my bill should have been have been £38 a month, but my first bill was £184.08!!!

I had endless trouble when I moved in the house and the Virgin media stuff wouldn;t work, so after multiple calls an engineer was booked, when he got here he had to do something outside with a cable which he thought would work, but then he said he couldn't initialise the system as I only had "home phone"; when I showed him by Virgin email, and PDF of what I ordered he could see that was not right- so he called (ridiculously your own employees have to use your appalling help centres as well); and after about 2 hours of trying to get through- he was told that there had been a request to change my account to "home phone only" when the engineer was booked. I did not make this request- and if you look at my details, you will see no calls have ever been made or received from a home phone, as this house doesn't even have one. Once that was rectified I got an email saying my bill would be £68 a month as I had made changed, plus I'd get a bill of £65 for the engineer coming out- so this is what has made my bill so much.

Please can you correct this, as I NEVER made the changes, someone in your call centre must have done it accidently, and also there was a fault with my service, so I had to call the engineer our- so not sure why I should be charged for that. 

The person that sold me the Virgin deal, told me he called Virgin on my behalf and all of this info was put on my record, so that I would not pay that bill, and it would be all sorted out- however that has not been the case; as the huge bill went out of my account today.

I have not been able to get through to anyone on the Call Centre, so I'm trying this route. I have the name and phone number of the Virgin employee who sold me the deal, so you can call him and clarify all of this, and the errors.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: First bill incorrect

Hi there @SofieAsh

Thanks for joining our Community and for your first post - I am truly sorry that you have had some issues with us since joining our family. 

I have located your account from your forum information and can see the issue - in order to assist you I'll send you a Private Message so we can go through security and get this sorted out for you. 

Please look out for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@SofieAshMake sure you ONLY send this information to @katie_KT in private and not on the public forum

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @apcyberax - I have also sent private and getting the Mods to delete the public post!

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Katie_WT I've got rid of the public message 🙂 if I was to late and the info is posted here @ me and I'll move it out of public

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You star - thanks @apcyberax 😄

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos