I moved house and I joined Virgin, my bill should have been have been £38 a month, but my first bill was £184.08!!!
I had endless trouble when I moved in the house and the Virgin media stuff wouldn;t work, so after multiple calls an engineer was booked, when he got here he had to do something outside with a cable which he thought would work, but then he said he couldn't initialise the system as I only had "home phone"; when I showed him by Virgin email, and PDF of what I ordered he could see that was not right- so he called (ridiculously your own employees have to use your appalling help centres as well); and after about 2 hours of trying to get through- he was told that there had been a request to change my account to "home phone only" when the engineer was booked. I did not make this request- and if you look at my details, you will see no calls have ever been made or received from a home phone, as this house doesn't even have one. Once that was rectified I got an email saying my bill would be £68 a month as I had made changed, plus I'd get a bill of £65 for the engineer coming out- so this is what has made my bill so much.
Please can you correct this, as I NEVER made the changes, someone in your call centre must have done it accidently, and also there was a fault with my service, so I had to call the engineer our- so not sure why I should be charged for that.
The person that sold me the Virgin deal, told me he called Virgin on my behalf and all of this info was put on my record, so that I would not pay that bill, and it would be all sorted out- however that has not been the case; as the huge bill went out of my account today.
I have not been able to get through to anyone on the Call Centre, so I'm trying this route. I have the name and phone number of the Virgin employee who sold me the deal, so you can call him and clarify all of this, and the errors.