cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First bill doesn't seem correct

JonReese
On our wavelength

Hello there,

I've just received my first bill and I'm very confused as it's all over the place! My contract was supposed to be for £23.95 a month, but I have been charged an extra £23.95 for "package changes". I have made no changes at all to my package. Here is a screenshot: Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 00.01.24.png

My contract started on 12th of March so is it really just telling me that I am being charged for two months usage at the same time? If so, then why wouldn't it state from the 12th of March instead of the 12th of April? I don't see how hard it is for a bill to be made clearer than this! I've already had big issues with performance in my first two weeks, and I'm now already having to query my bills. Not an ideal start to my relationship with VM!

3 REPLIES 3

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JonReese,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry for the confusion with your first bill.

We want to best help regarding this. We typically bill you for 2 months for your first bill, this is done because we bill in advance. You can find out more here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-first-bill.

In the case of your package, your package cost is £51 however due to a new customer discount, your monthly rate is

£23.95. 

It appears there has been a £100 credit applied to your account so deducting your first bill, you currently have a £52 credit on your account. 

Does this make sense?

Do you need any further help with this?

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

JonReese
On our wavelength

I don't mean to be rude at all, but you're just telling me what it says on the bill. My issue is that it doesn't list that the bill is for two month's usage, and just states "12th April - 11th May" suggesting it is the cost of one month's usage. Surely if you are going to send a bill to someone, it should say exactly what it is for?! And putting this 'RRP' package cost when I've never even been aware of the full cost only confuses things further. And that's without mentioning the "£23.95 for package changes". So are you saying the "package changes fee" is the fee for my first month of usage?! It's just ridiculously unclear.

We can understand the confusion caused and we will take your feedback onboard.

Just to clarify @JonReese, your first month of service will start on your day of installation and will cover 1 calendar month. This bill will cover your 1st calendar month (from your installation date), plus your month in advance. It is a double bill. It is explained in more detail here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-first-bill.

Also, you have not been charged £23.95 for changing your bundle. This is just to show that this is your new package price as well as service charges to the account.

Do you need any further help with this?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs