Menu
Simonmoore
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Final bill

Hello Team Virgin

I have received a final bill dated 30 April asking me to pay it by 20 May. This morning I received an email from Rachel Barrass requiring me to pay immediately to avoid “further action”.

Please clarify.

I also have questions about that final bill anyway which it is sensible to deal with at the same time.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Simon Moore

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Final bill

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the Community Forums, Simon,

The notice sounds like your payment might be past due, Have you gone online to have a look at your billing details virg.in/myVM

If not then we advise speaking with the Collections Team.  You can call our dedicated Collections team on 0800 052 0360 from any phone. We’re open Monday to Saturday, 8am until 6pm, except for Bank Holidays where we’re open from 8am ‘til 5pm. We’re closed on Sundays.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Simonmoore
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey,

Thanks for your response.

But of course a bill said on its face to be payable by 20 May cannot be due for payment immediately, hence my question about Rachel’s demand received today. And yes, I had already looked at my billing details, which is why I asked it (and why I have others).

Are you saying you are unable to assist?

Best,

Simon

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, Simon,

The bill will have a due date for the current month, however if the bill is comprised of a balances that has been carried over from the previous month then, it means that the account is past due, which is why you are getting Rachel Barras messages that the bill is due. No we cannot help with collections queries here, unfortunately. If you would like us to confirm if you account is past due we can do that, however it will still require speaking with collections.As we cannot take payments in the forums.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Simonmoore
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Corey,

Well, quite how a new final bill, the purpose of which is to replace a previous, and now redundant, earlier bill, means the account is suddenly overdue escapes me. More so because, as mentioned, the new bill says it’s not yet due for payment. You really need to have a word with whoever is responsible for this incoherent nonsense.

I will contact Collections as you suggest, but should say that exiting Virgin (in my case for the simple reason I am moving to a new house that already has a different provider) has been shockingly difficult, largely deliberate I suspect, and has been in sharp contrast to the ease of either joining or upgrading. 

Best,

Simon

0 Kudos