Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Final bill? No just next bill!

I closed my account on 18th December, only a few days after I’d paid my December bill, and was told I’d get a final bill of £88, which I got in writing at the time. To date, I’ve had bills every month totalling £255 (another one came just a few minutes ago for £79). I moved out of the place I had the service at on the same day I closed my account and even sent their equipment back, yet, they’re still billing me - I’d really love to know how they think I’m still to be billed every month with no access to their service from my current property, there’s no cable here, and no equipment to even use their service if there was!

Calling them has been pointless and only resulted in even more bills coming in. This is how they repay former customers that were with them for years and never missed a bill. I was hoping to go back to them once I’d found a place that had access but this situation has totally changed my opinion of them and I’ll never be back.

If anyone reading this is considering becoming a customer of Virgin, I’d recommend going to someone else because once you become a customer, you’ll be billed continuously, even after you’ve left. Save yourself the hassle of it all.

Got a meeting with my lawyer next week, let’s hope legal action sorts it out.

SB

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Final bill? No just next bill!

Hi there @StabbedBadger

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for your post. 

I would love to take a closer look into this, In order to do so I am going to need some account information, I will follow up this interaction with a PM for that information. 

Kind regards 

Zak_M 

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just wanted to confirm that Zak has been amazing in helping sort my situation out, and hopefully won't receive any further bills.

SB

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am so glad that I have been able to assist you. 

If we are able to assist you any further then please do let us know 🙂 

Kind regards 

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak_m I am having similar problems, I am away from home for 6 months and phoned virgin in Nov to suspend services whilst away, I thought it had been arranged but now showing bills I owe, since phoning I have tried the live chat, text message service and online complaints with no response, virgin has emailed to say services will be cut off permanently and bill sent to debt collector in 14 days, all contact with virgin is being ignored, hope you can help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Steald62 

A very warm welcome to the forums, Thank you for taking the time to post. 

I would first like to apologise for the experience that you have up until this point. Please be assured that I will do all I can to look into this further for you. I am going to pop you a PM so that I can get some account information. 

Kind regards 

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying but just too late, I have just spent an hour on the phone from my holiday in India, and virgin has taken payment and cancelled my account after almost 30 years because they wouldn't wait until I return to the UK, so long and looking forward to a new future with SKY

0 Kudos