Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Final bill? No just next bill!

Having cancelled Virgin and email agreed to end on 7/1/19 I now have a new bill from Virgin and not a final bill!

The next reason for leaving Virgin! 

Can an admin look into this as I will just cancel direct debit instead!

happy new year ya filthy animals! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Final bill? No just next bill!

Billing continues as normal until your cancellation date then a final bill is produced.

This allows customers to cancel right up until the last possible day in case either they wish to cancel the cancellation and stay with Virgin Media or take up a new offer from Outbound Retentions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello RevBott, 

Thanks for your post - I am sorry to understand there has been some confusion regarding your bills. 

When you choose to leave us, you will be billed as normal during your 30 days notice period; this means you are more than likely to get a "normal" bill before you leave us. 

This will need to be paid in full by the due date - any missed or late payments will result in a £10 late payment fee and could impact your credit score. 

Once your account has closed, you will then get a final bill around 10 days after your account has closed. This will show any refunds that may be owed to you for services paid for an not used. If the final bill shows a credit, this will be refunded back to you via a Cheque Refund - this is posted out around 35 days after the account has closed and we advise to allow 10 days for delivery. 

I am sorry if this was not explained at the time of booking your disconnection. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So what you are saying is that I have to pay a bill that I won’t be receiving a service for and if that’s late I will be fined £10? Seriously? 

Then after about a month you will reimburse any money owed to me?

if this is true it sounds like the most confusing way of ending an account! 

what if I can’t afford that amount of money? 

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I advise you and anyone else leaving to cancel your direct debit ASAP as trying to get the money owed to you by them is impossible, you'll wait 45 days then be told is in the post and to wait 5 day, which you'll do before contacting them again and again and be told again again to leave it 5 days.

Take a look at my thread, it's been 67 days since my contacted ended and I'm still being asked to wait 5 days for the cheque.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Refund/td-p/3889788

You've been warned........

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Wow! 

What a complete mess! 

Terrible way to deal with people, so sorry to see your plight! Read your thread and I won’t be paying a penny towards a bill I haven’t received service for!

Completely shocking customer value and service! 

Thanks Jason 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jason, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

It's highly unlikely you'll get charged a £10 late fee since this is only added if your bill isn't cleared before the next one is generated. As your services would be disconnected before then it will just amend the last bill. The difference is you would need to make a manual payment to cover the outstanding amount. 

If this amount isn't paid then that's when it would affect your credit file as a late payment, or a default if it goes on longer. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In the same boat. This is just an outrageous business practice.

Why on earth would I hand over more money for services never provided and never intended to be provided?

This company is actually a disgrace.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

For others being fleeced this same way, please consider making a report to the Ofcom monitoring department. They won’t assist with your individual complaint, but by making a report you’re adding to the number of reports that might help convince them to hold this company to account for their practices.  

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/how-to-report-a-complaint/billing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Luca49,

Welcome to our Community Forum and thanks for posting.

Are you currently a customer who has received a bill? 

Can you give us more information please so we can help?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos