Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Final Bill

Hi, I cancelled my Virginmedia contract on 13/12/19 giving a months notice. My account was closed on 10/01/20 but my final bill shows a billing date of 23/12/19 - 22/01/20. My original contract started on the 12th of a month I am confused by why I have been billed until 22nd? Also I thought I was paying in advance. I have not received any packaging to send the equipment back either and getting nowhere when I try to speak to someone on the phone..Help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Final Bill

Hi CatM,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a very warm welcome to you, I am sorry for any confusion around your final bill.

The bill you have mentioned won't be the final bill this would of been generated before the disconnection the reason it is dated past your disconnection date is the system doesn't take into account there is a disconnection order present.

A final bill is generated 1 to 2 days after the disconnection date and will only show the period you have used the service, any credits due to you will be sent by cheque around 40 days after disconnection has been done.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for your reply. It is a very confusing way of doing things! I haven't used the services since December so hopefully there will be nothing more to pay.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate where you are coming from CatM, you would only be charged up to the date of the disconnection, I am sorry for any confusion around this.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

you will be charged as normal until disconnected and then get a refund 45 days after disconnection

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

I was also wondering this as I received my bill today and my service is due to be disconnected on March 1st. Can I point out that it is not clear on your own help pages that this is how you deal with the final bill. To quote :

'How is my bill calculated when I cancel?

If you choose to cancel your contract with us, we will send you a bill which will include your pro-rata monthly charge and any early disconnection fees you may have. This bill will be up to the end of your one month notice period.

After this, you will receive a final bill which will include any usage from the last partial month, including any chargeable usage.'

This seems to imply that the pro rata bill is received in advance, and is then followed by the final bill including any usage from that period. It certainly does not say that you will be charged for the normal period and then credited any over payment. It also doesn't explain how the customer will be refunded any credit they are due. I have seen several different posts on this forum asking the same question 'why have I been billed for time I'm not going to use'. Perhaps you could update the help pages to explain this clearly as you have done so here? 

Regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi RachM, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm sorry to hear that there has been some confusion in regards to your final bill, I can appreciate the frustration. 

So it is correct that when you cancel the services we would take 30 days notice, within this period if another bill is created then it would need to be paid. If you have then paid for any days that you no longer had the services then we would refund this within 45 days of the account being closed via cheque. 

We appreciate the feedback and see what we can do about making this clearer for everybody. 

Let us know if you need anything else and we'll be sad to see you go. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hi, me again.

I have just received my final bill for period 21 Feb-22 Mar. My service was disconnected on 1 Mar. 

My final bill says that my previous bill was not paid, and then shows a credit of £57 for my cancelled services, and a charge of £20 outstanding.

From your previous replies in this thread I understood that I would be charged for the whole month, then refunded any overpayment but this doesn't seem to be the case. I have always paid by direct debit and have not altered this from my end. My previous bill said that my payment would be taken by direct debit on 9 Mar. I have just checked my bank account and apparently this didn't happen.

My final bill doesn't say anything about direct debit, it just says that my final payment is now due, then goes on to tell me how I can find out about your late payment fees, which is highly worrying.

Will my final payment be taken by direct debit? Can you assure me that I will not be charged late payment fee for this??

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So I have just double checked the email that came with my final bill and it does say that my final payment will be taken by direct debit, around 20 Mar. This info is only on the email, not on the bill itself. This DD payment hasn't been taken from my bank yet.

My account is saying my payment is due NOW. What do I do? Make the payment myself and cancel my direct debit? Or wait for you to take it and possibly get charged a late payment fee? This is all very stressful and your contradictory information is not helpful.

0 Kudos