cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Bill and support issues

tievolu
On our wavelength

Please can someone from VM contact me to discuss my final bill. Someone who can actually help.

I spent three hours waiting for a response via online chat yesterday before giving up. I finally got through to someone after waiting another hour this morning, only for them to tell me that they couldn't even see my bill because of a technical problem they were having (why on earth did they accept my query about my bill!?). They advised me to call "the collections team" and were unable to simply transfer me to someone else. I don't know why. I give up trying to understand these things.

I chatted with someone via online chat on August 29 and got a figure for my final bill if I cancelled there and then. I actually cancelled on September 8, and my final bill has now come through and it's significantly more than the figure I was given on August 29, which makes no sense to me.

The calculations on the bill also don't seem to make sense - for a start, my discounted service has been taken off and replaced with a higher priced service. The bill has presumably been calculated from that? I want the bill to be reduced to less than the figure I was given in August.

I would really appreciate it if someone could contact me via private message or email to discuss this further and sort out the bill. I've lost all enthusiasm for waiting on the phone or the online chat.

8 REPLIES 8

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there tievolu,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sincere apologies for any confusion with the bill, can I ask to gain a further understanding;

What was the amount our team advised at the point of cancellation?

Were all prior bills paid beforehand?

Let us know,

Kain

tievolu
On our wavelength

All prior bills were paid by Direct Debit. The amount I was given on August 29 was £181.88, which is already insanely high, but now that I've actually cancelled (on September 8th) the final bill is £199.39.

My package cost is £51.80, but on my bill this has been removed and replaced with an even higher package cost of £57.26. It's also not clear why it's talking about "services I removed on 18 September", which is still in the future (maybe this was a mistake - someone entered "18" instead of "8"?).

The more I look at the bill the less sense it makes.

tievolu_0-1694699996642.png

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The £164.03 is for an early disconnection fee. Are you still in a minimum contract term with VM and you have cancelled before that minimum term has ended?

tievolu
On our wavelength

Yes, I was expecting an early disconnection fee. After 30 days notice from September 8 the EDF should be calculated for the period October 8 to January 18, when my contract was due to end - i.e. 3 months and 10 days.

I'm disputing the fact that the bill is larger than I was told it would be 10 days earlier. I specifically contacted VM on August 29 to find out how much the final bill would be, and factored that into my decision to cancel the contract early - i.e. comparing the total cost of staying with VM until January 18 vs the cost of paying the EDF and signing up to the new ISP right away. The monthly cost with the new ISP is very low and there was an additional offer which meant it was effectively only going to cost me a few quid to cancel my VM contract early.

But then I cancel 10 days later and the final bill is somehow nearly £20 higher than I was told it would be if I were to cancel on August 29. This makes no sense - surely it should be lower, even if only by £10 or so? And the weird swapping of my package to a higher cost package makes no sense either.

There's no information here on how the EDF was calculated, and no information was provided on August 29 either. The information here isn't much use - it seems that VM can decide how much to charge you within a range, with no explanation of how that is decided.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks again for your prompt response,

Sorry just for further clarification you stated you contacted to cancel on the 29th, was the account meant to be cancelled on that date or the advised 8th September?

Also have you received full confirmation of the account closing on that date?

Regards,

Kain

tievolu
On our wavelength

@Kain_W wrote:

Sorry just for further clarification you stated you contacted to cancel on the 29th, was the account meant to be cancelled on that date or the advised 8th September?

As described above, on August 29 I contacted VM just to get an idea of how much the final bill would be, to help me decide whether to stay with VM for a while longer, or to cancel as soon as my new ISP had completed their install. I didn't actually cancel until September 8. Please let me know if this still isn't clear.

@Kain_W wrote:

Also have you received full confirmation of the account closing on that date?

I have confirmation that the account will close on October 8 (i.e. September 8 + one month), with the final bill due to be take by Direct Debit on September 26.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries,

So we can investigate the prorates further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM tievolu,

I'm glad we were able to get this matter resolved.

If you do have any future queries then be sure to pop back up the team for further assistance.

Regards,

Kain