Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Fibre/broadband contract unfair virgin prices right to cancel help

Broadband Contract help

Hello I signed up to virgin broadband in 2017 recently I checked offers and saw fibre 350 with and offer of upgrade for only £2.50 extra a month, due to being offered upgrade offers I did not realise I was no longer in my current contract and that my contract  had expired long ago as none of these broadband providers let you know when your contract expires,

im very Upset I feel I’m being offered a bad deal,
Ive seen the same package for broadband only fibre 350 on price compare to new virgin customers for around £38,-

why loyal customers who have stayed with virgin get charged £52,

I feel I’m being overcharged, every year my broadband has gone up in price -why for new customers joining up for virgin get the services at £10 or sometimes even  more than £10 a month  cheeper than loyal customers,  

I’m now in a new contract  my new contract started On April 17th 2020 - I’m very Unhappy that she am paying far more as a loyal existing customer,  than a new customer signing up would pay,- especially as my broadband contract which started 2017 would of long expired leaving me free to leave without fees,

it’s not a good deal to get offer and upgrade for existing loyal £52 but new customers can sign up for same package at £38,My question is by entering into a new contract starting on 17th April  as and existing customer (yet my old contract expired )

do I get the same 14 day cooling off period rights to cancel ? as a new customer Signing up would get 14 day cooling off period,

I’m not sure if I get a cooling off period being and exsisting customer who is out of contract until signing up for this bad deal -also on sign up it never once notified me that my original contract has already  expired, Or will virgin charge me fees to leave?I just don’t feel it’s fair to be charged more, especially as my contract had ended,- ideally I’d like to stay with virgin but be offered a fairer price to match new customers but if virgin can’t offer me a better deal price can I leave with out a charge for Ending contact ?

i feel virgin are overcharging loyal customers in order to be able to offer these deals to new customers loyal customers are being charged more to cover the difference, I’m also unhappy that being out of contract I didn’t get the same offer as a new customer would, why should you pay more for new customers to get it so much cheeper why for me my loyalty is rewarded every year prices go up but every year for new customers the prices to join go down, 

And what are the chances of virgin will offer fair prices to existing loyal customers ? 

does anyone have a direct email for virgin I don’t want to phone be placed on hold for hour be talked talked at into accepting this bad deal And unfair prices, and the online help forms contact us never work always pop up oops somthing went wrong phone us I’ve been trying since last week to use the the contact us query form to explain the issue but the forms never go threw and it’s frustrating to have to fill the whole query form over again 

‘much appreciated 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Contract help

Hello I signed up to virgin broadband in 2017 recently I checked offers and saw fibre 350 with and offer of upgrade for only £2.50 extra a month, due to being offered upgrade offers I did not realise I was no longer in my current contract and that my contract  had expired long ago as none of these broadband providers let you know when your contract expires,

Ive seen the same package for broadband only fibre 350 on price compare to new virgin customers for around £38,-

I feel I’m being overcharged, every year my broadband has gone up in price -why for new customers joining up for virgin get the services at £10 or sometimes even  more than £10 a month  cheeper than loyal customers,  

I’m now in a new contract  my new contract started On April 17th 2020 - I’m very Unhappy that she am paying far more as a loyal existing customer,  than a new customer signing up would pay,- especially as my broadband contract which started 2017 would of long expired leaving me free to leave without fees,

it’s not a good deal to get offer and upgrade for existing loyal £52 but new customers can sign up for same package at £38,My question is by entering into a new contract starting on 17th April  as and existing customer (yet my old contract expired )

do I get the same 14 day cooling off period rights to cancel ? as a new customer Signing up would get 14 day cooling off period,

I’m not sure if I get a cooling off period being and exsisting customer who is out of contract until signing up for this bad deal -also on sign up it never once notified me that my original contract has already  expired, Or will virgin charge me fees to leave?I just don’t feel it’s fair to be charged more, especially as my contract had ended,- ideally I’d like to stay with virgin but be offered a fairer price to match new customers but if virgin can’t offer me a better deal price can I leave with out a charge for Ending contact ?

i feel virgin are overcharging loyal customers in order to be able to offer these deals to new customers loyal customers are being charged more to cover the difference, I’m also unhappy that being out of contract I didn’t get the same offer as a new customer would, why should you pay more for new customers to get it so much cheeper why for me my loyalty is rewarded every year prices go up but every year for new customers the prices to join go down, 

And what are the chances of virgin will offer fair prices to existing loyal customers ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Contract help

@Stacey39 Please don't create multiple threads for the same thing it is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

New customer prices are by definition for new customers, if you want the new customer price you have to keep changing ISP.  This is true of all ISPs, also energy companies and insurance companies.  I have had no loyalty discount from my last three energy suppliers so have switched and saved.  Ofcom expect everyone to do the same with ISPs.

I always haggle for a better deal when there are price increases or I'm out of contract and have always had loyalty discounts added.  The size of the discounts have varied and never quite as low as the new customer deals, but low enough to keep me.  I did once get it within £1 of the new customer price by moving away from a legacy package and even got the 6 month Netflix code that was offered to new customers, just by asking for it, but that was a few years ago.

I think the cooling off period applies to you, but you would have to speak to a VM agent to be sure.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Contract help, broadband, pricing, leaving,

Broadband Contract help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Contract/pricing

Hello and thank you I’m not experienced with using the forum, so thank for the pointers I was thinking that I don’t know if anyone will be able to find my post, 

I’m a bit concerned about even being able to get threw to virgin,  haggling ha I’m not sure even how to haggle, Im also concerned about not being able to find out before I hit 14 days. 

Ps what is ISP? 

much appreciated, 

but thank you 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract/pricing

I'm not a big fan of haggling but needs must and as Martin Lewis says big companies rely on the apathy of customers to make more money.  It may not be very moral but they are businesses not charities.

If you can't get through on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response, but it may take a day or two at present. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.  However even this service appears to be having issues right now so I'd still recommend persevering with calling in and trying to speak to someone.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract/pricing

@Stacey39 wrote:

Ps what is ISP? 

ISP = Internet Service Provider.

0 Kudos