Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Family broadband cancelling contract

Hello, my name is Svetla Draganova. Me and my husband have used broadband supplied by Viirgin media since 2015. Our Acc Number is [MOD EDIT: Removed]. This April I decide to make a research  and to upgrade our Account with TV and mobile phones, so all our services and bills are with one supplier. 

After several tries from our side it couldn`t happen my orders ware cancelled. I was contacted several times by customer services and I was trying to explain our plans to all members that contacted me. In additions to that we was using and paying for booster hubs as well and it didn`t work properly at all. We was paying £41.24 per month and when I was doing the research I found that the prices for new customer is smaller than the price that we are paying - probably because we are almost 5 years paying our bills regularly without delays. It doesn't make sense and it isn't fair.

We decided to end our contract and here troubles and headaches begun. The account is on my husband`s name, with my phone number and my e-mail, because we are foreigners and his English is not good. I understand that because of COVID a lot of offices are closed now and I tried to find an email to contact with Virgin Media but this is like mission impossible. I tried to cancel our contract online with no successes and I cancelled the direct debit and stopped using their broadband - because if we are not using their services we don`t need to pay. I received a call from their customer services and explained them this and now Virgin sends us letters and text massages wanting to pay them cost of services that we actually don`t use. We keep safe and in a good condition all hubs that Virgin provide us so we are happy to turn them back. How can We cancel our contract with you company in this situation without paying for something that we don`t use? 

I think that our address is already added to your black addresses because when we tried to contact Virgin media in their recorded options at the beginning it states the option that if your postcode is ending with 3AD, which is ours, you have different options to choose from then the others which makes us feel discriminated because of the fact that my husband cant speak English and cant end the contract by himself we are not able to do so like any other customers would be able to do. We tried to have him on the phone allowing me to speak but your colleagues didn't allow or accept this because this meant that you are able to keep us paying you as we are clearly not able to end our contract via the account holder, who has said on your recorded messages that he allows me to continue and explain and end the contract. However i am clearly allowed to call you without being the account holder and pay you but if i want to cancel our contract then you need to speak with the exact account holder? I have witness who is my bigger daughter who speaks very good English who has noticed my calls with virgin media and heard that they don't mind who pays them the money but you cant cancel your contract if you are not the account holder. We hope that this nightmare with virgin media will finish soon and the problem will be resolved fairly for both sides.

Looking forward for your answer soon. Svetla Draganova

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Family broadband cancelling contract

Hi SDraganova,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've had with this. 

We do appreciate the points you have advised but to process a cancellation for services we do need to speak with the account holder. 

An alternative way you can request a cancellation is to send a letter to the address in this link: virg.in/ccop 

^Martin

0 Kudos