Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

False default recorded on credit file

• The following is an email sent over a month ago to your Support services team, I am still waiting for a response and still suffering the effects of your company's mistake. 

Any help would be greatly                              appreciated.

Good afternoon Support services team, 

Following on from your email, you stated that you would respond to me within 14 days. It has now been over 3 weeks and I still haven't heard anything from you. A 5 minute conversation over 3 weeks ago with your customer services established that your company had falsely recorded a default on my account causing an adverse impact on my credit rating with Experian and Equifax. This false default was recorded August 2016.

It clearly states in the account notes that the manager had agreed to waive the cancellation fee due to the circumstances surrounding the cancellation. 

Account number - [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

I would appreciate an immediate response to this matter which is entirely unacceptable and made worse by your refusal to respond in a timely manner. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: False default recorded on credit file

Thanks for the post KH77 and welcome to our community.

The team to email regarding this would be creditfileamendment@virginmedia.co.uk

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Emily, 

I have already emailed them and had zero response which is why I attempted to make some kind of contact through this forum. 

I recieved an automated response to my initial email stating that they would contact me within 14days and over a month later I have had no contact.

I have emailed them for a second time following the 14days and over a month from my first email I am still waiting. 

Am I supposed to just keep emailing over and over in the hope that someone responds to me one day?

Virgin media customer services took all of 5mins to acknowledge that they had made a mistake which has negatively impacted my credit file for 4yrs.

Why is it so difficult for the creditfile department to rectify this?

Virgin Media customer service is once again living upto their well deserved terrible service. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this, the team would be working through them but may take longer than usual due to the current circumstances as it's limiting some teams. It would be this team who can look into this for you though.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Emily, 

I get that things might be busier than usual, it's just very frustrating that this has been going on for 4yrs without my knowledge and customer services have acknowledged full responsibility but I can't get a response from the only department that can rectify this within minutes.

I'm trying to get a mortgage and account defaults like this seriously affect how lenders determine who to lend to. 

I've sent yet another email and hopefully I'll get a response soon. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

even when it is actioned it can take 15 days to update on your file.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm pretty sure it'll probably take longer than that to update on both of the records that it's currently annotated on given how long it's taking to get a response.... 

Maybe it'll be sorted out by 2021 🤦‍♂️

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

2021 is only 54 days away

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

😂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Should you feel that mishandling of your personal data has led to the situation do consider making: (a)  Ofcom aware of the issue here; (b) a complaint to the ICO

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos