cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Package Upgrade

Straight6Petrol
Dialled in

I've tried to upgrade my package from M500 to Gig1 via the "offers and upgrades" section of My Virgin Media and have completed the order and received confirmation and a contract via email.

However, two days have passed and it's not showing in my orders and I still have the option to upgrade to Gig1. 

I've contacted customer service and apparently the order isn't showing and I was told to do it again which I did yesterday and got two more emails confirming things but again nothing in my ordered.

Can someone in the forum team have a look at my account as this issue seems FAR too common with online upgrades simply failing to go anywhere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Straight6Petrol,

Thanks for taking a look, I'm sorry to hear there isn't a link on the email or PDFs you've received. I'm going to send you a private message so I can look into this for you.

Please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Straight6Petrol

Sorry to hear of the package issues experienced and the problems getting these resolved. We appreciate the frustration this is causing and you raising this via the forums.

We're limited as to the support we can provide via the forums in regards to packages and changes. If you can give the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 this will get you through to the contracts team who will be able to look into this further for you.

We also have these contact methods available https://virg.in/contactvm or you can send your query to 07533016422 and we’ll text you back. We’re here 8am-11pm Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm on Saturday and Sunday. 

Rob

Hi Rob, Appreciate the response but every time I complete the order the customer service team can't see the order their end and I have limited faith it's gone through correctly.

Ive called and used like chat and the only thing they can do is upgrade me on the phone for about 50% higher price than the online offer.

How are you processing the upgrade? Is it via your online account? The MyVM app? Have they tried to process this during the calls?

Rob

Hi Rob, via the My Virgin Media upgrade offer section and then again under "change package" and selecting the Gig1 upgrade +£9/month.

On the phone they say it's not showing but can do an upgrade at £61/month which is much more than the upgrade offer.

Hi Straight6Petrol,

Thanks for confirming. The deals available through Customer Services and Online can differ. When you processed your upgrade online, you would have received a Pre-Contract Information document. This document needs to be confirmed by you before our teams can process your upgrade.

Can you please check your email to see if you've received this? If so, you should see a link to confirm your changes.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

Hi Reece,

Many thanks again for the assistance and I've checked the precontract pack and there's no link in the body of the email or contract pdfs.

Not sure I can provide screenshots but if you have the link or I can accept here I'd be happy to.

Hi Straight6Petrol,

Thanks for taking a look, I'm sorry to hear there isn't a link on the email or PDFs you've received. I'm going to send you a private message so I can look into this for you.

Please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

Can confirm Reece smashed it out and solved the issue. Excellent service from the forum staff, just a shame this isn't VMs usual quality. Can't fault Reece in the slightest, absolute credit to the business.

Hi Reece,

I am in exactly the same siruation in relation to a failed online package upgrade to gig1. Please can you also assist me ? I similarly have the new contract email but no link to accept it. Many thanks, in advance.