Menu
smk7
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Exposed cable in driveway

My installation required cabling through the driveway in front of the property. Looks like it was not done properly and I can now see exposed wire. There is a chance this could be damaged soon resulting in no service. Is there a way I can reach out to the right team as I do not see any options in my account to escalate any installation issues as such. 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Exposed cable in driveway

Post a picture for us please and the Forum Team will help when they reach this thread. They can reach out to the right people. If VM encounter a driveway they will not ever lift the drive pavers or cut into the driveway to bury the cable. Were you home when they installed the cable? You could have asked them to use an alternative route.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

smk7
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

IMG_2150.JPGIMG_2149.JPG

they had to install through a common area to reach my property. Attached are the pics showing the installation in the front and specifically the place where the wire is exposed now. hope this helps. 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi smk7

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the cable issue. It does need a tech, I will PM you now with the date and time booked in

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @smk7

Just sent over the PM with the appointment details

You can also track/amend the order date here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos