Menu
benhull23
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Exit charges

I have recently ended my contract with Virgin due to moving in with my girlfriend. 

My contract was rolling as hadn't been renewed in some years. Called up and explained the move, wasn't a problem at all and the lady went through and confirmed a good date to end for the 28th November. She advised I would be sent a cheque for a refund for what had already been paid, but expect this not to arrive for 4-5 weeks.

I have just received a bill advising a direct debit charge of £38.72 will be taken on 21 December. £12.90 for internet termination. £12.90 for TV termination. £12.92 for Phone termination.

This was not advised to me. I cannot find anywhere advice on these charges. I was advised I would receive a small refund, not have to pay more! I thought I would post here before raising a complaint, to give Virgin a chance to explain.

Otherwise this leaves an incredibly bitter taste with me, as I have always held Virgin's service in high regard. I have my mobile with Virgin, and girlfriend has also joined Virgin on my recommendation. You will likely lose us as future customers if these hidden charges are not an error.

Regards

Ben

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Exit charges

Hi Benhull23, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry to hear that you're having some concerns regarding the billing since leaving us, this isn't good. 

When you cancel with us we'd require 30 days notice. If the services are stopped before this time there may be pro rata charges for disconnecting. 

We can certainly have a better look via a personal message though, I'll send you one now and we'll take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Exit charges

did you give your 30 days notice or did you cancel with less than 30 days notice
0 Kudos