Menu
bibekpd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Existing discounts removed when accepting offer to postpone the price hike

Hi,

I am a bit confused if this is what's happened so could someone please do a sanity check for me.

I am paying £10 after discounts for M100 broadband service. Got the price increase email which was £3.5 increase but in my case a whopping 35% increase given what I'm paying currently.

When I rang Virgin Media last week, an automated message was offering to postpone the increase for the next 6 months which I accepted.

Couple of days later, I received a new contract and I'm confused whether my existing discounts have been removed as it states my next bill is going to be for £20.65 so can someone please let me know what might have happened? 

I can provide more info if needed. Have attached my updated contract which I received below:

Screenshot_20210201-093803_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Existing discounts removed when accepting offer to postpone the price hike

HI bibekpd, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that it looks like the price has increased. When you spoke to us what was confirmed about discounts? Have we advised if we have applied a rolling credit? Chris

0 Kudos
bibekpd
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Chris.

I did not manage to speak to a human. It was a recorded message asking me to press '1' if I wanted to postpone the fee hike. 

It did not state any other discounts would be cancelled so I was surprised when I got that email.

When I first joined though, I was told the discount (£14) would be applied as a rolling credit to bring £24 p/m down to £10 p/m for m100 broadband package.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, a rolling credit is a credit which we apply to the account to correct the price and would not usually show on the contract or package change. When is the bill due to be taken? Chris

0 Kudos
bibekpd
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Chris.

On my virgin media app it shows billing cycle as 12-12 so bill for 12Jan has been debited already so next one should be generated in 10 days time. 

If it helps here's some screenshots (which do not match with what the email says hence my confusion) 

Screenshot_20210202-074055_My Virgin Media.jpg

Screenshot_20210202-074104_My Virgin Media.jpg

Screenshot_20210202-074118_My Virgin Media.jpg

Do these look ok ? 

Am I worrying for nothing?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bibekpd, thanks for the reply, I will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further for you. Chris 

0 Kudos