Menu
brusson
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Existing customer compared to new customer deals

Rang to downgrade my package before my current offer rockets the price up. Was told my old package was a legacy package and to go back to what I want (and previously had) 100mb BB, Maxit Tv (believe it was called Full House or something) & a phoneline would cost £98 (currently paying £78). If I go to the website as a new customer I can have the package for £45 for 18 months(ok, new customer deal I get that) but then £82 a month. 

Can someone explain that to me?

I want 100mb BB, not bothered about a phone line and the normal TV which enables me to receive BT sport.

Or would like to know what I could expect to receive for about £80 a month.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Existing customer compared to new customer deals

You can play around with service & bundle combinations using "build your bundle" here 

Ignore the "new customer" price, it's the standard price you're looking at. You can probably get a discount on that in exchange for the 18month renewal.

BT Sport is either an £18/month premium add-on with Mixit, or is inclusive with Maxit. You'll often find it's as cost-effective to have a phone line as it is not to. Whether you plug a phone in, that's entirely upto you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
brusson
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick response all I get when I try to view my upgrades is.

Oops! Something went wrong.

Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online.

Maybe I'll try ringing again see if I get more sense from the person who I speak to.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When you put your postcode in, don't choose "I'm already with VM", that redirects you to the existing customer section.

Choose "I'm moving here and I'm new to Virgin" - you're not carrying through with any order so it won't do any harm.

The site will quote the "new customer" price, and the "after 18months" (in other words, standard" price.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
brusson
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is what I did before and it came up with a price of £82 but the person I spoke to today told me £98, have such little confidence in people who I tend to speak to on the phone. This is why I much prefer doing stuff online but you can't downgrade your package online which is annoying. 

0 Kudos