Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Existing customer Ultimate Oomph complaint.

So on Friday I phoned.in regarding the ultimate oomph package and asked if I could get it at the advertised price of £89. Initially I was told no I couldn't. I decided to cancel my services and was put on to another adviser. This adviser then told.me that the ultimate oomph bundle was available to all Virgin media customers at the price of £89. I was then put through to Hayley from cancellations who initially told me it was £99 rather than the £89 advertised on the website but after checking she agreed it was £89.

Unfortunately, as I had just moved into a new property, I was unable to move over to the ultimate bundle on friday as my account hadn't fully activated. Hayley advised me she would call back on Tuesday.

Currently I'm with EE on my sim card but even by paying the cancellation fee I asw still saving money in the long run by transferring over to the ultimate bundle so I had my PAC code to hand.

Hayley called this morning. It was all going well and she sorted out the transfer of my mobile number to virgin and then started the process for thebroadband, TV and home phone part of the deal. She stated that I would need another TiVo box as I only had one. I told her that I would need two TiVo 6 boxes as I only had an old TiVo 500. At this point Hayley insisted that I won't get two TiVo 6 boxes as these are for new customers only. I pointed out that the ultimate oomph "bundle" is a package that comes with two TiVo 6 boxes and I was paying for a package so I should in fact get them. She told.me.i could have them but they would be £100 each. I again pointed out the fact that it's a package that includes 4k ultra TV and without the TiVo 6 boxes you couldnt make use of the whole package. She was adamant and wouldn't budge. I asked her to raise a complaint and to cancel the process. I also asked her to cancel the PAC code as I would incur fees from EE and lose my service with them if it went through. It might be too late to cancel the PAC, I find out tomorrow. 

I'm really not happy about this, I've been a long term customer of Virgin media. I was told I could have the package,  I told Hayley I would like the ultimate oomph bundle, she agreed but when it comes down to it she expects me.to.pay £200 pounds for boxes that actually come with the package for free. I've raised a complaint, I'm cancelling my service and I'll be  emailing the CEO's office on this address [REMOVED] I could end up out of pocket by nearly £200 if the PAC code goes through. Way to go virgin media you just lost a customer who has been with you for over ten years.

Admin, if this is the wrong section could you move it to the relevant one? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Existing customer Ultimate Oomph complaint.

just give 30 days notice and wait/hope outbound ring - i would guess any offer they make will not include £100 a box

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

And if they don't I've lost money by buying myself out of my EE contract. Hayley was in the cancellations department. My services are getting cut off on the 17th of October. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

retentions which i would guess is where Haley works is different to outbound - the latter only contact you after you have given 30 days and even then they contact all users who cancel

if they make an offer take it or not they dont usually ring back and even if they say they will add notes to your account retentions cannot offer the deal - all a bit daft really but its their system

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

How can they call me if I'm at work and my mobile number has ported to virgin media and I don't have a sim because I told them I wasn't going ahead due to the extra £200 theyre asking for?

I'm actually livid, any extra cost should have been raised at the start of the process, not after they've activated a PAC code.

Not only that, Hayley seemed to think that g having the old  500 box "wouldn't impact on my enjoyment of the package".  Sorry Hayley, it does if you want to use the box for the 4k content that's talked about in the blurb for the bundle.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello tricksterdude

I am sorry to hear you feel that way, To be totally honest here on the community forum we are unsure of the charges on these Oomph accounts, it would be specific teams upgrading customers to these new packages, I appreciate its been a frustrating experience but the best option would be to get back in touch with our retention's team or contact the agent you mentioned Hayley that has been dealing with this for you.

If you want we can take this conversation to private message and I can try and contact this person for you to check things over, Let me know 🙂

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joe,. Could you PM me? Tbh though I don't think Hayley is going to give way on this at all. I find that very odd, if you pay £89 for a bundle and then don't get the boxes,that  are part of the bundle, then logic dictates you are not getting the bundle you're paying for. You can try if you want though and I'd appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sure, I will pop you one now tricksterdude

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi All

I hate how VM deals with existing customer renewals. I was paying £57 a month thanks to a £15 promotional that was supposed to end on the 9th April (according to their bill) but in March & April this was dropped to £8 without explanation so for two months we've paid £64.

I've only noticed this because VM sent me a letter saying that after my contract ends my bills will be £57 until the promotion ends and then it'll be £72. Clearly their letter thinks I'm getting £15 discount.

The discount runs for two days after my renewal so the letter is a bit gibberish to read. VM really needs someone to overhaul some of their literature.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Here's my question...

I've been a loyal VM customer for many years. I've heard of people getting phenomenal deals but I've always paid quite a high price (in comparison).

I'd like the oomph package (Gig1 not available yet, and too expensive) but when I called I was told that I'd have to let the contract end and wait 3 months before I can get it for £79 per month.

Is this really the only way to get it at a good price?

0 Kudos