cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing Netflix account

SR32
Tuning in

Ok - so my new contract gives me Netflix.

I already have Netflix so I want to simply change the billing on that account from Netflix to Virgin.

am advised I have to use the link in the virgin app. Which I have done, but it doesn’t go anywhere. Screenshots below:

D82D7AE0-1EFD-481B-97E8-C82879CBA694.png

299A4A52-27AE-48D8-8629-C2A786D4ACCD.png

DEF29C2E-34E2-4B98-BB3B-6C461EBCBBCF.png

746360FB-7E9B-48FA-9764-E98472934FB9.png

 cannot get the links to work - have used Safari, Chrome and Firefox. Same result.

19 REPLIES 19

Tractorboy
Rising star

Join the club, we are all still waiting for the email with the correct working link.

Its a known problem with no known fix date...

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If you want to be sure you'll have access to Netflix, keep paying your personal subscription.  VM have excelled themselves with the Great Netflix Activation Screwup, and it seems their marketing people signed a deal with Netflix and ran back to the famous glitterball VM offices laughing and clinking their gin glasses, but nobody thought to ask the obvious question "how will this actually work with our systems, and existing VM customers who have personal subs?"

GNAS has been rumbling on the three months or so now, nobody in VM seems to have a clue, and whilst I'm sure it will be resolved eventually, you'll get more precisely, timely and accurate information from a newpaper horoscope.  Obviously you're a Leo, as according to that august and respected institution the Daily Mail, your horoscope for the week is

"We're surrounded by chasms of chaos. Some are clearly marked, and well fenced off. Others are disguised as tiny potholes on the road to the future. How can you be sure you won't inadvertently fall into one of these this week? You can't. But you can considerably reduce the chance of stumbling into a problematic situation by choosing to pursue a specific policy. Don't dash headlong into every interesting proposal that comes your way. And don't rise to the bait of any antagonistic challenges. "

Now isn't that clearer and more helpful than anything you'll get out of VM? 

Thanks - glad it’s not just me, but typical VM really.

I got through to cust services yesterday and asked about it. He put me on hold for ten mins with no comeback, no offer to call back.

The issue is annoying but the customer service is appalling.

Am still in 14 day cool off so maybe I’ll threaten to cancel unless they sort it.

Breach or contract isn’t it?

Hi SR32

I am sorry you feel this way - it's not a breach, we're aware of the issue and working to fix it.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

spell
Knows their stuff

An excellent response from Andrew-G. Perhaps not so good from John_GS who apparently has the qualifications to act as a legal spokesman for Virgin Media.

It would be of interest to hear the case law upon which he bases his OPINION rather than such a transparently frustrated dismissal of a very valid enquiry. 

Indeed. Cannot see how not enabling an “incentive” used to sell a product cannot be breach of contract.

if it isn’t, where is the line drawn? 

As it happens, the Netflix deal actually swung it for me with regard to a new 18 month contract. I didn’t read anything in small print that stated “Netflix deal subject to website working correctly”.

spell
Knows their stuff

Exactly so and the Court is entitled to take the view that the circumstances are the same for every other customer.

At the most basic level VM would be required to show evidence that the 'fault' was due to unforseeable circumstances totally out of their control rather than their own ineptitude. Also that once the 'fault' was identified it was rectified expeditiously - being a multi billion pound global MEDIA company there might be a problem with that one.

Certainly the increasingly ridiculous responses given out on ths forum would not help their case.

Hi @spell thanks for your further replies and sincere apologies.

As previously mentioned both by us and the other posters in this thread, we are aware of this issue and we're looking to get this resolved as soon as we can. I appreciate this is frustrating but thanks a lot for your patience in the meantime.

Many thanks

Tom_W

spell
Knows their stuff

Tom_W1

Many thanks for the apology but let me assure you I have been an ex customer for a while now following a poor attempt to firstly steal from me then blackmail me (I was saved by a mobile app which had recorded the relevant call).

It is now apparent that the working practices and lack of any pretence of integrity has sunk even further.

That said I must clarify that I have no doubt that your good self and the other members of your team are thoroughly decent guys just wanting to do a good job. It is however unfortunate that your management  does not step up to the plate but prefers to use you as a buffer against unhappy customers - a well known and cowardly management policy.

So a genuine best regards to you