forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
travel-buddy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Existing Customer - Upgrade to Ultimate OOmph Bundle

Back in late 2020 VM advised we were out of contract and to get in touch.

12th Jan 2021 spoke to Retention seeking an enhanced deal similar to that being offered by Sky for new customers. Agreed an upgrade package but next day (13th) found the TV upgrade fell short of what I had described being offered by Sky. 

13th Jan 2021 again spoke to Retention who said it was a mistake and would be rectified with a few hours. This did not happen.

14th Jan 2021 again spoke to Retention who said it was a technical problem, so passed me onto a technician who explained to fix the problem I would need to pay for an additional upgrade. I disputed this as in my view the shortfall was with VM not meeting my stated needs. I asked for arbitration so was passed on to Customer Relations, who said we should start a new contract based on the VM Ultimate OOmph Bundle. We agreed costs and was given the 29/01/2021 for new kit to be installed and for the service to be switched over.

On 26/01/2021 I received a txt msg seeking adherence to Covid rules for the 29th which I accepted. However then I also for information, followed the link to the  VM Covid rules webpage, these state that only New Customers will have kit installed and the only alternative was a quick start kit for home use.

On 28/01/2021 my wife received a txt msg that the planned install job was cancelled due to Covid. As she had just upgrade her mb phone sim she replied to the txt asking was this associated with the order no for the Ultimate bundle and received a reply indicating individual responses could not be dealt with and that an operator will phone back to arrange a new install date.

In addition our TV package still lacks the disputed/omitted features, promised to be resolved by Customer Relations.

My question is will we get a call back from VM or will the Covid rules for existing customers kick-in and no action will be taken to fulfill the Ultimate OOmph bundle contract until Covid is resolved, when and what ever that means.

0 Kudos
travel-buddy
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Existing Customer - Upgrade to Ultimate OOmph Bundle

Its 15:45 gmt and vm has just rang indicating a technican will be here tomorrow. In addition received an email of apologies and a goodwill gesture. Gob-smacked or what. Have to say well done VM.
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Existing Customer - Upgrade to Ultimate OOmph Bundle

Hi travel-buddy (love the avatar btw),

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums and many apologies for our delayed response.

I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't have the best experience recently when trying to upgrade your package, I can appreciate why there was some confusion around this. It is correct that we are currently restricting installations for additional TV boxes due to Covid. However I'm glad to hear that you were able to come to a resolution with our team and that every thing has now been sorted.

If you need anything else please don't hesitate to get in touch from here.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos