Menu
MabelMac
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Executor estate - new contract

Hi,

My father has recently passed away. The executor contacted you but we have some unanswered questions. 

- is the name on the new contract in the name of the executor in her role as executor (as opposed to her personally). 

- if not whose name do we put on the contract? I am the beneficiary but I don't live in the uk. (We need to continue with a smaller contract in order to have internet & tv until the estate has gone to probate and the property has sold... which will take 12-18 months)

- can we pay the full contract amount in one go instead of monthly? 

- why are we being charged £35 set up fee for changing to a cheaper contract? They said it is because it is going on a different name (name of executor), the address is the same.

Please can you advise. It took an hour to get through to speak to someone. 

Thanks, Mabel

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Executor estate - new contract

Hi MabelMac,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear about your loss, I wasn't able to find an account with your details as I assume it isn't in your name.

When someone passes away and our Bereavement team is advised we give 3 choice, cancel the account with immediate effect, transfer the account to a 3rd party, this would be in their actual name and will not hold a contract, it would be 30 days rolling or you can take a brand new sales offer which would be a 12 to 18 months contract.

If the account has been left open so the services can be used while the estate is being sorted this is something we can also do.

If you do require information from the account this would require account access which I will be happy to do, for this I would need to invite you into a private chat, if needed please let me know, you can find out more around our Beratement  policies  here .

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
MabelMac
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Executor estate - new contract

Hi, I think we are ok. The executor is gonna ring back and sort it out. Hopefully this will get it sorted. 

Kind regards, Ruth 

0 Kudos