Menu
dgordonni
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Exasperated at Retentions team

We have been customers since 2018. Our latest contract ended a month ago. Decided to phone to upgrade to ultimate oomph bundle. Since first calling on Monday, we have had to make over 15 calls, been on hold for over 6 hours and have spoken to 4 different people in the retentions team in Glasgow & Swansea. As of now, there are 2 different contracts on our account. One for a “bigger oomph bundle” with the add on of sports & cinema at £134 monthly (£40 over the amount agreed on phone) and another for the ultimate oomph bundle at £94 (though two separate retention team members have promised to make that £89.

A senior retentions team member (whose name we know) promised to cancel the 2 contracts, start again, get us on the tariff we requested & then phone us back at 1230 today to tell us it was all finalised. There was no call. At 4pm I called and spoke to another person who could see all the notes on system & sent a message to the senior member and advised they would phone back within the hour. It is now 1720 and there has still been no contact. 

in the meantime, our tv services have been cut back to basic channels, our broadband is varying at various levels between 30Mbps and 490Mbps and we have no clue what is happening with our new contract.

I cannot understand why it is so difficult to get this set up. At end of day, we are wanting to stay (though this is getting very stretched by this stage) and give Virgin more money each month.

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Exasperated at Retentions team

Hi dgordonni, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Firstly I apologise for the delay in response here. Moving on from there - we're unable to change any packages from here as it would need to be done with the team over the phone. I appreciate that you  have already been down that avenue. In terms of your connection and channels, how are they at the moment? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
dgordonni
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully we are now on the correct ultimate oomph bundle. However the broadband speed fluctuates from @5Mbps to @450Mpbs at various points of the day, we have not received our intelligent wifi boosters and we didn't receive the discount promised 4 times on different phone calls. I am fed up calling to be honest 

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Would you be able to run a BQM for me for over 24 hours? This would show me the issues that you're having in terms of your connection, this can be found and how to set up; here

In terms of the boosters, they are out of stock and have been for a little while - I am sorry about that. 

Also - what was the discount? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
dgordonni
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We are supposed to be paying £89 a month but it has come through on contract update as £94. 
we should also get an account credit for each month we don't have the multi room box as they are not being fitted at present 

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I will send you over a private message so I can take a look 🙂 

Cheers. 

0 Kudos