Menu
Highlighted
mightyoakbob
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Every month bill more than double what was agreed - help please

Hi everyone,

Sorry in advance if my exasperation comes across a bit too much in this post.

Last August I agreed a deal with retentions for a price for my 100Mb broadband. I do not have VM phone, Mobile or TV. Ever since that agreement which Virgin don't deny, my bill has been more than double the agreed figure.

Every month I phone up and every month without fail I'm told "Oh yes, I can see what happened. I've fixed it, it will not happen again." But I'm sure you'll not be surprised to learn that it does happen again, every time!

In November I asked to be put back to retentions and got my wish, normally this is refused by someone abroad. This morning this I was refused by someone calling themselves "Melven". But in November I spoke to a helpful young lady in retentions who keep meant on hold for 20 minutes. When she came back to me she told me how complicated the problem was but she had fixed it. She said VM had not charged me enough in September but that was their fault and I didn't have to pay it.

This morning, Melven tells me it is because a discount has been slow to be applied. Slow? 6 months? In addition I don't think any speed of broadband costs as much as Virgin keep charging me so its obviously not that.

So where do I go now, I'm so wound up by this, I feel like leaving to be honest as my only way to get out of this incompetence.

Any advice appreciated.

Bob.  (customer for 18 years)

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Every month bill more than double what was agreed - help please

Hi mightyoakbob,

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with this. Have there been any further updates on this since your last post?

If not we would love to take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Tom_S

mightyoakbob
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello Tom,

No, I'm afraid as far as I know the situation is unchanged.

I would be grateful if you could take a look please. I presume You'll need account details in some way but I'm not sure how to give those to you in a public forum.

Thanks for offereing help.

Bob.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi mightyoakbob,

Very sorry to hear this hasn't been sorted for you. 
I have sent you a PM so we can look into this in more detail. If you reply to the PM with the details requested, I will be more than happy to help.

Regards

Lindsey_C Forums Team

mightyoakbob
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Lindsey, I have sent you a PM (not Mrs May).

Bob.

0 Kudos
mightyoakbob
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Just an update.

Despite a very confident member of VM staff sending me a PM assuring me it was now fixed yet again I have an absurd bill. Definately not fixed.

I have never ever come across a company that fails to fix an aknowledged billing problem month after month after month. I've lost count how many vm staff have told me it is fixed, all of them wrong.

Bob.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi mightyoakbob,

Very sorry to hear this is still not sorted. 

I have taken a look into this for you and have got it corrected for you. I will reply to your PM you have sent me with the exact details.

Thanks

Lindsey

0 Kudos
mightyoakbob
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

And another month and another massive overcharge which it seems virgin cannot fix. Thus has been going on since August, agent after agent agrees it is wrong and tells me it is fixed but every month as this one it is not fixed.

I need to speak with someone who can fix it, I really have had enough now I'm on the point of leaving. 

What an utter shambles.

bob.

0 Kudos
mightyoakbob
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have been complaining about my bill being double what was agreed last August since last August. Every month I moan that yet again my bill is wrong and every month I'm assured that they will not take the money as stated in the email because a discount has been set which kicks in after the email has gone out.

So I trusted them for May (10/05/2019) and no surprise to me they actually took the full amount out of my bank.

I cannot believe this. VM are not only incompetent but they cannot be trusted either.

I wish to speak with someone senior who will sort this out. I think I'm owed that by now I really am on the point of leaving.

I really have had enough!

Bob.

0 Kudos
mightyoakbob
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone going to bother to even speak to me?
0 Kudos