cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essential Broadband not swapped over

GlasgowGuy100
Tuning in

Hi there,

I downgraded to Essential Broadband on Tuesday. On Wednesday i lost  my home phone as I was told, but it reconnedced again on Thursday. I'm  also still getting my original speed instead of the 15 Mbps. I was told this would take effect "in a couple of hours if not  sooner" but it didn't. Has this downgrade not gone though,since I receiived the email with my contracts. I rebooted the router  but it's still the same?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to me @GlasgowGuy100

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GlasgowGuy100 wrote:

Hi there,

I downgraded to Essential Broadband on Tuesday. On Wednesday i lost  my home phone as I was told, but it reconnedced again on Thursday. I'm  also still getting my original speed instead of the 15 Mbps. I was told this would take effect "in a couple of hours if not  sooner" but it didn't. Has this downgrade not gone though,since I receiived the email with my contracts. I rebooted the router  but it's still the same?

Hi @GlasgowGuy100 

Going by the text I highlighted in bold it hasn't been done yet.   Does the contract you received state what date the downgrade will be actioned?

To be honest downgrades usually require 30 days notice before they are actioned. I'm not sure if this is the also the case with Essential Broadband.

A member of the forum team should pick this up for you in a day or two and check.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

There is just the date of the contract.It des say on the website "If you’re already in a contract with us, we’ll swap you over to one of our Essential broadband packages straight away"and the text I have from the live chat operator says "The new package will be activated within a few hours if not right away"

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for replying @GlasgowGuy100  and  confirming how it works, that's good for me going forward if I offer help anybody else going through the Essential Broadband downgrade.

Rebooting the hub again might force it through but  the systems can sometimes take up until midnight to update.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Good Morning @GlasgowGuy100, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and welcome back!

Sorry to hear of the confusion that has been caused.

Can you please try the suggest reboot on the hub for us and then run a speed test to see if you're getting the correct speed?

Thanks,

David_Bn

Hi David,

Just did the reboot. The phone'is still working and I'm still getting 1 GIG instead of 15Mbps. As I said, my new Essential broadband contract email came through and a text with a green section saying "Approved" ...You approved your documents on 05 September 2023. Also, when I log in to my account, there'sno mention of this new contract being actioned

Thanks for coming back to me @GlasgowGuy100

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn