cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Escalating billing overcharge issue

Seagull79
Dialled in

Having moved house last year, my contract was screwed up by VM processes.

Someone on here was very helpful in sorting that part out.

However, since then I have three times been billed £53.50 more each month as my credits have not been reapplied as promised.

Each time, having sat on the phone for ages, a helpful ages agrees this needs to be resolved, says my credits will be reinstated and that I will receive a credit for the extra that has been taken.  Each time nothing happens.

Today, my latest bill arrives in my inbox and yet again it is incorrect.  I sat on the phone for ages, spoke to a very helpful person who initially tells me that I should not have credits before properly reading the previous exchanges.  He tells me the same stuff about contract credit and that I will receive a credit for the overpayments made.  He also promises that I will receive an email confirming this within a few minutes.

I asked him to confirm this as it has not happened previously and he gives me his word that this will definitely happen.

Of course, nothing has been received after three hours and I have no faith in not having to repeat this exercise again next month, all the time with VM holding money that does not belong to them.

What is the process for escalating this to someone who will actually deal with the problem and not just provide empty promises. 

I've been a customer of VM (and their predecessors) for nearly 20 years but this is just the latest in a series of issues that are really making me rethink my provider once this current contract expires.

1 REPLY 1

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Seagulls79, 

Thank you for reaching back out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are still ha having issues with your billing, I would be happy to help. 

I am going to pop you over a private message to confirm a few details and we can go from there. 

Speak soon, 

Nat