cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on log in

JohnB119
Joining in

Hi, I'm having an issue with the myvirginmedia website, once logged in I'm getting the display message:

Oops, looks like something's gone wrong on our side.
Please try again

It's done this for as long as I can remember and all other solutions I've seen posted in these forums haven't helped. I can access the app but the app doesn't have everything I need on it, and when it re-directs me back to Myvirginmedia, same story with the message.

Any help would be appreciated
7 REPLIES 7

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JohnB119,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some issues accessing your online account via a web browser! 

Glad to hear that you're able to access the account via the App, but I understand that this is not ideal.

Can you tell me if you've tried to clear your cache and cookies from your web browser to see if this would help? Have you tried to use other web browsers to see if you get the same error?

Please let us know so we can see if this helps. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi there,

I recently joined VM and am having the same issue. I have tried multiple devices and cleared cookies etc to no avail.

I am currently blocked from using VPNs due to Child protection being default On. I need this disabled ASAP but cant do this without being able to access my virgin media account on browser. The app doesnt help.

Any chance you can assist? 

Hi @amna12,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been unable to access your my VM account since recently joining us. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help. 

Just to confirm are you using he following link to register for services https://my.virginmedia.com/create-profile/register.html.

Are you able to specify the exact error you are getting? Have you been able to log in an access your account before?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes I have signed up already.

For the last few days since signing up, I have the same issue. Honestly if I cant get this solved by Thursday next week, I'll just cancel within the 14 day cooling off period.

Don't allow new customers to register if you have a broken accounts management page.

I tried to login via your link and it gave a "script error" and asked me to change my username etc. I did this, now I can't login at all to my account as it asked me to verify my new username through an email I haven't received.

I don't want to try troubleshooting anymore because the burden shouldn't be on me to sort your own IT issues. I'm happy to send my details in a message and then for you to investigate/fix but I wont be chasing nor going back and fourth with trying things.

My options right now are for Virgin to sort it for me, or I will cancel. Can you advise which please?

Thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @amna12,

I'm really sorry you feel this way. I completely agree that it is not your responsibility to be chasing this up. In regards to the My Virgin Media issues, there are currently known issues with our site which is affecting many of our customers. Our IT Teams are working to get these issues resolved, and we're doing our best to support where we can.

As you've previously mentioned about disabling the Child Safe feature, I'm going to pop you a PM to assist in getting this sorted. I'll also look into the My Virgin Media issue to see if we can get things working.

Please look out in the top-right of the forums for the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

IT HAS BEEN NEARLY 1 YEAR SINCE THIS AND STILL NO ACCESS TO MY ACCOUNT

IT HAS BEEN 3 WEEKS SINCE I REPOSTED AND ASKED FOR HELP VIA PM AND STILL NO ACCESS TO MY ACCOUNT

Yet you are able to increase prices & give deadlines about cut off times for customers that HAVENT EVER BEEN ABLE TO ACCESS THEIR ACCOUNT

Sort your lives out seriously. I dont want your excuses. I want to get access to manage the service I have been paying for the last 12 months

SORT

IT

OUT

Hi Amna,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to hear you are still facing issues logging into your Online account, are you still able to log in Via the App but not Via our home page log in?

Regards

Paul.