Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Error on My Virgin Media

Please could one of the Mods at VM help me out on this please.
On the 14th February 2020 I renewed my Broadband for another year in return for a small discount.
Today, when looking on My Virgin Media under Bills then View Contract it correctly says the contract was renewed on the 14th February 2020, but then explicitly says "Remaining Minimum Period 12 months", which is clearly wrong. The word "Remaining" should be removed.
Should I decide to leave at some point in the future I don't want to get into a long debate where someone says I have to pay an early leaving fee based on 12 months. So it would be nice if this could be all sorted out now.
If a VM Mod gets in touch I can PM all my Account details.
Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error on My Virgin Media

Hi Royalman, 

Thank you for your post. 

I am unsure as to what you mean here sorry. It seems as if when you did renew you would have agreed to a 12 month contract. Is this the case? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ryan_N,

Yes, when I renewed I did agree to another 12 months contract starting in February 2020. But as 5 months plus has now passed it shouldn't now say "Remaining Minimum Period 12 months". Because there is now 6 months and a bit remaining. This is what I am trying to get fixed. If it just said "Minimum Period 12 month" I would be happy. But it is saying "Remaining Minimum Period 12 months" which I take to be 12 months from the point at which I read it I.e. a day in July 2020. Not 12 months from the day in February that I signed up to. Do you now understand what I mean?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Royalman, just to be clear the contract stays is it was when it was agreed, it doesn't get updated accordingly each month to reflect how many months are remaining. If you received a 12 month contract in February then rest assured there will be no qualms if you choose to leave after the following February.

Tom 

0 Kudos